U2/Greenday video snippet of rehearsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new song, as well as Wake Me Up When September Ends, and Beautiful Day.

Should be interesting. Although some people still say its the halftime show. I thought its pregame?

Thanks for the heads-up as far as the timing.

As I heard it:

New Song
House of the Rising Sun
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Beautiful Day

Looks like Bono better break out the teleprompter, though.

Canadiens1160 said:

House of the Rising Sun

:hmm: I definitely heard "There's a house," too. That was it, though. I wonder if they were just fooling around---I think they only have 9 minutes to play according to the schedule posted elsewhere...I doubt the could fit 4 songs into there, especially a longish one like House of the Rising Sun. It would be cool, though....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2589359

Finally, New Orleans is ready for some football.

Performances by the Goo Goo Dolls, U2 and Green Day will help the city officially reopen the Louisiana Superdome before the Sept. 25 ESPN Monday Night football game between the New Orleans Saints and Atlanta Falcons.

The event -- the first from the Superdome since Hurricane Katrina ravaged the building a year ago -- will be featured live on ESPN's "Monday Night Countdown," beginning at 7 p.m. ET.

The Goo Goo Dolls will perform "Better Days" to open the show. A special Music Rising performance by U2 and Green Day will lead into the Monday Night Football telecast, scheduled to kick off at 8:30.

"One year later, people continue to be devastated by Katrina's effects," Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong said in a news release. "We hope that by collaborating with U2, we'll remind the public that people of the Gulf Coast are still suffering and still need help to rebuild their lives."

Also on "Monday Night Countdown," ESPN's Chris Berman, Tom Jackson, Michael Irvin and Steve Young will preview the game and review Sunday's action. Bob Ley, host of ESPN's "Outside The Lines," and Robin Roberts of ABC's "Good Morning America" also are scheduled to appear.

Among the planned pregame features:

• After 13 tumultuous months, the Saints are going back home. The players talk about their lost season away from the Superdome.

• Reporter Mark Schwarz talks with Saints wide receiver Joe Horn during the player's first visit back to New Orleans' Lower Ninth Ward.

• The Superdome has hosted six Super Bowls, four Final Fours and the pope. What did it take to get the stadium in playable condition?

• Former President Bush talks about the massive Katrina recovery effort -- and what lies ahead.

Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser and Joe Theismann will man the booth during the Saints-Falcons game. They will be joined by sideline reporters Suzy Kolber and Michele Tafoya.

Stuart Scott, Mike Ditka and Ron Jaworski will host "NFL Primetime" from a set outside the stadium at 6 p.m. ET.

Music Rising, formed in late 2005 by U2's The Edge, producer Bob Ezrin and Gibson Guitar Chairman and CEO Henry Juszkiewicz, is administering the event. It is sponsored by RealNetworks' Rhapsody digital music service.

There will be a simultaneous broadcast offered to radio stations by Westwood One worldwide, plus an audio stream on the Web.

can't wait to see it. should be amazing.

bono looks good with the new hair cut

Last edited:
Dont like not seeing no larry or adam , why cant greenday get rid of one of theirs...

Canadiens1160 said:
Thanks for the heads-up as far as the timing.

As I heard it:

New Song
House of the Rising Sun
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Beautiful Day

Looks like Bono better break out the teleprompter, though.

There is a house down in new orleans
They call the risin sun
And its been the ruin of many a poor girl
And me, oh god, Im a-one.......

Great song , i always thought this be perfect for the ocasion. Bono could really reach the notes with this song too.

RademR said:

bono looks good with the new hair cut

He should Play some Pop instead !!!!!! :D

Seriously, I'd love them to play something far more interesting like Please instead of the overplayed Beautiful Day :huh:

RademR said:
larry's drumming in the clip....he just put on a few lbs

that would be the Green Day drummer. I think there mixing the 2 groups. Edge was playing the rif to the September song too. Wonder if this is part of the show

DPrinceNY said:

that would be the Green Day drummer. I think there mixing the 2 groups. Edge was playing the rif to the September song too. Wonder if this is part of the show

..... hrrm someone missed the joke.

Looks like they all playing together for all the songs.

Back
Top Bottom