U2 finally wrote THE song: YAHWEH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sulawesigirl4 said:
It is the unexpected gem for me. I was a bit nervous of a song with a name like "yahweh" but I have to say...only Bono could pull this off. Someday I expect this to be part of every forward-thinking church's hymnal.

I was thinking the same thing about the hymnals. Such a wonderful, uplifting song.

I think that YAHWEH it's the more uplifting U2 song EVER... screw Elevation... Screw Beautiful Day and Streets...

YAHWEH...

and very spiritual too... :wink:

you're right very sipiritual
You can feel God!!

Wow i think that never happened to me with a tune, i mean this much!
There are a lot of U2 spiritual songs with magic in them, but this: This is something special

Too much, Yahweh is too much
It has blown me away
Im listening and tears are running down my face

just don't like the song to be honest. it would probably sound better if a song as good as OOTS didn't come before it. its just a bit repetetive throughout. and its too spiritual for me as well, guess i don't appreciate it becuase im not religeous.

and no offence here Pepokiss but do u really think this song is more uplifting than streets?? i fail to see how any song in U2's repetoire is more uplifting than streets!

streets is uplifting, but sometimes I think that everyone says that because is obiously the best part of a U2 concert, to which I think the mayority of the people here has been to... or seen in video

but what happens to me with Yahweh is that when we get to the chorus... is like a rush of energy (or so)... and I'm NOT oh so catholic...

I don't know... :dance:

:angry:

Yahweh was always the song I was looking foreward to most during the months anticipating the release of the new album. I was not dissappointed. However, it's not currently my favorite song from the album, and is not quite as powerful as Streets.

Anyone else wish you could discuss songs like Yahweh without the threads being stifled by religious interpretations? ;)

Sleep Over Jack said:
Anyone else wish you could discuss songs like Yahweh without the threads being stifled by religious interpretations? ;)

erm, well, considering that the very name of the song is "God" and the lyrics are pretty straightforwardly spiritual (even if non-specific to a certain religion per se)...it would seem obvious that it might come up in a discussion about the song. :huh:

is it just me ...or would an ideal yahweh film clip involve an animation in which a guy getting readyy for work while walking down the street.....

like a crayon like animation..make it look really simple..cos the spirit of this song comes from the its mere simpilicty!!

i vote for a double single of OOTS and Yahweh..try something different u2....beatles do it..nick cave recently did it..!

absolulety!
its also gonna kick ass live no doubt!

could be a 6 or 7th single

"Yahweh.. Tell me know why the dark before the dawn oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Beautiful, wow what a tune

I've got it! After ages of not liking this song finally I can get it. Its no City Of Blinding Lights but still...

Use the alternate version. I cannot listen to the album version at all, there's two Bonos and it confuses me way too much, I just don't get it. However, the alternative version DOESN'T HAVE TWO VOCAL TRACKS!!! wahoo.

They should have put the alternate version on the album, and dumped the other version in the waste basket......

sulawesigirl4 said:

erm, well, considering that the very name of the song is "God" and the lyrics are pretty straightforwardly spiritual (even if non-specific to a certain religion per se)...it would seem obvious that it might come up in a discussion about the song. :huh:

Notice I said "songs like Yahweh" and "threads" as in I was talking about a general thing I've noticed in these forums.

Back
Top Bottom