U2 fan ticket presales...how do they work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
For those of you who participated in the U2 presale and got those floor seats, how did you do it? Do you have to sign up for U2.com and get a secret password or something? Is there some kind of service that offers tickets to the fans first? I'm just trying to get on top of things early, so that next time I'm prepared. It's my goal to get in the front row next tour. So I need to know how some of you did it. I already plan on waiting outside the arenas all night and all day before the concert if needed. But just to get the floor seats from ticketbastard were impossible. I need to get on the inside of this secret.

I got lucky with Prop but like Hello Angel said, NO luck with Ticketmaster. And I had like 3 computers reloading at the same time, and I didnt get through for the pre-sale at all:mad:
I was lucky and through Prop I got great Golden Circle seats for 2 shows on the 1st leg and I got lucky for floor seats for the 3rd leg. For some of the shows I resorted to ticket agencies and paid a lot of $$$ (but all well worth it in the end)
I remember for ZooTV tour, I had 2 high speed redial telephones and I didnt get through before the tickets had ALL SOLD OUT! Its been a nightmare getting U2 tickets from day one! But its all part of the excitement and fun of going to a U2 show!

I never used Ticketmaster for U2 tickets. Propaganda had always came thru for me. Great tickets each time...

i signed up too late with propaganda to take advantage of their pre-sale for the atlanta shows. :slant: but they were great with mailing out the order form in enough time to order tickets for the other cities on the tour.

the pre-sale with ticketmaster never worked for me. go figure. the secret password wasn't really a secret and never worked, the local station here in atlanta would leak it everytime :down:

thankfully i was able to score some good seats for the concerts i went to buy ordering directly online with ticketmaster.

Why are we talking about tickets? Did I miss some kind of big announcement?:huh:

it wasn't until I discovered Interference and observed the "elevation" tour through this board, that the thought of missing out on a ticket to see U2 ever crossed my mind.....and I can tell you. It was a very unpleasant thought. I never got around to buying an international money order to become a member of Propoganda. ( I wrote the adress on pieces of paper that many times...blame the kids)At the time I believed U2 would bring the tour to Australia, and I was quite concerned. So this is the an interesting question. Thanks for asking.

I was actaully thinking of posting a question about the other end of things...reselling a ticket, in a small amount of time. The silverchair concerts are sold out I think. I have a ticket for their last show at Newcastle....and I can't go:(:(:(I don't know what to do with the ticket. I really need the money , so I would like to sell it, not give it away.
I was so ill when U2 came here for Popmart. I tried to give my ticket away for that and the friend I offered it to, refused to take it..........thank goodness!
Any information/clues are appreciated:)

souLnation2002 said:
so... what if you dont have a propaganda subscription? :reject:

well imo it doesn't matter any more since I dont think Prop will help us out next time anyways?! Isnt Prop a thing of the past?
:shrug:

Ticketmaster presale is just a big scam.....and I didn't know about any other fans only sales ........results: missing Elevation Tour altogether (and i still can't get over it):sad:

bayernfc said:
Ticketmaster presale is just a big scam.....and I didn't know about any other fans only sales ........results: missing Elevation Tour altogether (and i still can't get over it):sad:

I feel your pain. I missed it too. I did have the chance to get tickets in the back part of the arena and I said no cuz I thought I wouldn't be able to see anything. *smacks self in head* stupid girl! stupid! after seeing the Boston DVD, I think the "limited viewing" seats would have been just fine. :scream: :scream: :scream:

arw9797 said:

I feel your pain. I missed it too. I did have the chance to get tickets in the back part of the arena and I said no cuz I thought I wouldn't be able to see anything. *smacks self in head* stupid girl! stupid! after seeing the Boston DVD, I think the "limited viewing" seats would have been just fine. :scream: :scream: :scream:

:hug: we'll have to work together this time around....lol....i'm not willing to miss this one...that's for sure!

bayernfc said:

:hug: we'll have to work together this time around....lol....i'm not willing to miss this one...that's for sure!

I was just talking to someone else about this and I told him I will kill if I have to!!! :lol:

I don't care if I have to drive to another state, pay hundreds of $$$ I don't have. When U2 goes on tour again, that's my main goal in life is to see them, at least once. Hopefully more. :D

If the presale does not work and for the most part it doesn't, but try anyway, you may get lucky. It's all about luck. I would also have a friend go to a ticketmaster outlet and wait in line early in the morning. This is from my experience:
I don't know how it is in other states, but the Ticketmaster outlet I go to here Florida gives out ticket stubs and places the other half in a paper bag. After collecting all the stubs, the person shakes the bag and then begins pulling out the winning numbers. Even after shaking the bag, the people who arrived early got the floor seats.

I've never, ever had luck with a U2 presale.

Propaganda is supposedly coming out with one more magazine. But even if they don't do that anymore, it doesn't necessarily mean they won't do tickets. REM's fanclub does a fanclub presale over the internet (which is somewhat different from the U2.com presales, where you only have to be signed up for their mailing list.) Alternately, they could still send out a ticket form.

*is still hoping

Pre-sales never worked for me. I got lucky once and found 1 GA for a show I was going to the morning of the show online from ticketmaster. That was a freaking miracle:ohmy:

So I have been lucky a couple of times on Ticketmaster. If not I went and got GA from the ETS thing they had. Hmm, I wonder if they will have that option next time they tour?:wave:

Back
Top Bottom