U2 Fan or Maniac? LMAO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Fan...or Maniac?
"There's two kinds of U2 fans - There's the ones that want us to get to #1 because they just like the idea of us winning out there. Then there's the others who actually get disappointed when we get to #1 because their little brother gets into it."

We are all U2 fans.....even those who say they "detest" U2. It's just a matter of degree....or is it? Just when do you go from fan to maniac??

Fan :You know "Gloria" is not about some girl.
Maniac :You can translate 'In te Dominé' and slip it into conversation at every oppertunity.

Fan :You know Bono's real name.
Maniac :You know Bono's mothers maiden name.

Fan :You know Edge is rarely without a hat.
Maniac :You know the contents of Edge's entire hat collection.

Fan :You wear your favorite U2 shirt to their concert.
Maniac :You wear U2 shirts(exclusively) everyday...concert or no.

Fan :You have U2 wallpaper for windows
Maniac :You have U2 posters all over your actual window.

Fan :You read U2 books
Maniac :You write U2 books (that never get published)

Fan :You like the way "U2" looks on paper.
Maniac :You like the way "U2" looks on your skin....after you have gotten it tatooed into your ankle.

Fan :You know where Bono lives.
Maniac :The reason you know where Bono lives is because you are hiding in his bushes.

Fan : A pre-existing "thing" for guys in glasses made you notice Adam.
Maniac : In tribute to the "bespectacled one" you now wear glasses, although you have 20/20 vision.

Fan : You dress as a bellydancer for halloween of costume parties.
Maniac : You took lessons and became a professional Bellydancer, you can't afford to eat or pay your bills, but at least theres a chance (however slight) U2 will need a bellydancer and get in contact with you for their next tour, right?

Fan : You know all kinds of interesting facts about Our Boys.
Maniac : (Well, calling U2 "Our Boys" for starters...) So do your friends. They aint happy about it either.

Fan :Your recognise the first few bars (or notes!) of Sweetest Thing immeadiately.
Maniac : You hear those notes from another room, throw down the book you're reading, spill your drink and dart about trying to find the source. You then watch an entire TV show about cricket (or something worse) because of their use of the first 4 bars or so of the aforementioned song.

Fan : You wonder what it would be like to visit Ireland, and do all that U2-ey stuff.
Maniac : You wonder how long it will take the Irish Immigration Department to figure out you've over stayed your work visa, but can't actually afford to get home because you were so busy doing U2-ey stuff that things like a job and a place to stay (other than perched against the Windmill Lane wall) slipped your mind.

Fan : Every time you read somethng about U2's next release/s half of you is worried and the other half is delighted. You ponder the situation until delight cancells out concern.
Maniac : You find out something new about U2's next release/s and your mind starts spinning. You find yourself arguing both sides back and forth. Aloud. On a busy city train.

Fan : Every night you pray to thank God for Bono.
Maniac : There's no need to thank God for Bono, because Bono is God.

I found this on a random website, It made me laugh.

Maniac :You like the way "U2" looks on your skin....after you have gotten it tatooed into your ankle.

This is the only one where I am a Maniac. Except its on my lower back :wink:

hahahaha love it!

they should have on that says

Fan: everytime u2 is on TV you watch it
Maniac: Everytime U2 is on TV you get 50 sms and phonecalls telling you their on from friends and family so tuned into u2 that they get excited FOR YOU when its on

thats the only one that makes me a maniac! hehehe

U2isthebest said:
Fan...or Maniac?
"There's two kinds of U2 fans - There's the ones that want us to get to #1 because they just like the idea of us winning out there. Then there's the others who actually get disappointed when we get to #1 because their little brother gets into it."

We are all U2 fans.....even those who say they "detest" U2. It's just a matter of degree....or is it? Just when do you go from fan to maniac??

Fan :You know "Gloria" is not about some girl.
Fan :You know Bono's real name.
Maniac :You know Bono's mothers maiden name.
Fan :You know Edge is rarely without a hat.
Maniac :You know the contents of Edge's entire hat collection.
Maniac :You wear U2 shirts(exclusively) everyday...concert or no.
Fan :You have U2 wallpaper for windows
Fan :You read U2 books
Fan :You like the way "U2" looks on paper.
Fan :You know where Bono lives.
Fan : You know all kinds of interesting facts about Our Boys.
Maniac : (Well, calling U2 "Our Boys" for starters...) So do your friends. They aint happy about it either.
Fan :Your recognise the first few bars (or notes!) of Sweetest Thing immeadiately.
Maniac : You hear those notes from another room, throw down the book you're reading, spill your drink and dart about trying to find the source. You then watch an entire TV show about cricket (or something worse) because of their use of the first 4 bars or so of the aforementioned song.
Fan : You wonder what it would be like to visit Ireland, and do all that U2-ey stuff.
Fan : Every time you read somethng about U2's next release/s half of you is worried and the other half is delighted. You ponder the situation until delight cancells out concern.
Maniac : There's no need to thank God for Bono, because Bono is God.

:whistle:

Fan 11
Maniac: 6

:happy: So that means I'm not a maniac!

Fan: Occasionally mixes up pics of Larry and Adam (ie. my brother)
Maniac: Goes into a 5 1/2 min lecture on the differences between Larry and Adam, when ever someone mixes them up (ie. Me :wave:)

U2isthebest said:

I remember that I ran to my bedroom when I listened to a U2 song on the TV, but I didn´t watch the program, I´m Still OK :hmm:

^^^For The Sweetest Thing one: All the classes at my school were cancelled today because of snow, so everyone was hanging out in my dorm and watching I Love The 90s on VH1, and they started talking about the clear Pepsi they made in the early 90s, and I was half paying attention, until I heart "ST", and I go, "Oh my gosh...that's The Sweetest Thing by U2...I love that song!!" Cut to everyone looking at me like I'm weird, and my roommate brings up Bono's mullet, which I defended for 5 minutes. I'm not weird.:lmao: :lmao:

I'm a fan... although it's a fine line with that Sweetest Thing point. If it was almost any other song, I might be a maniac on that point... ;)

And I've now learned not to mention U2 unless someone asks me about them. The only tricky part then is getting me to shut up. :D
I was educating people in the GA section about what Bono and Edge's real names were, and how many kids Bono has. *L*

(OT: Woo, I just made War Child... after being stuck on Acrobat for 5 years or something! :laugh: )

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:
^^^For The Sweetest Thing one: All the classes at my school were cancelled today because of snow, so everyone was hanging out in my dorm and watching I Love The 90s on VH1, and they started talking about the clear Pepsi they made in the early 90s, and I was half paying attention, until I heart "ST", and I go, "Oh my gosh...that's The Sweetest Thing by U2...I love that song!!" Cut to everyone looking at me like I'm weird, and my roommate brings up Bono's mullet, which I defended for 5 minutes. I'm not weird.:lmao: :lmao:

Fan: don´t like or like mullet
Maniac: Defend Mullet

U2isthebest said:

I have got to say, I have been in similar situations. :yes: :shifty:

U2isthebest said:

No, not Sweetest thing but there is a show over here that uses the music of Your Blue Room, I watch it just for that :drool: :wink:

I'm only a maniac for some things.... the friends thing is hilarious except that now I have teachers cutting out pictures of Bono for me, or mentioning U2 things just to see my reaction...:wink: ...as I was talking to my English Lit teacher he tells me "I mean Bono would make this connection in literature, you should too" it was pretty funny

Fan: Is excited when a U2 song comes on the radio
Maniac: Hears the word U2 on the radio, is not sure if they're talking about "U2" and waits in the cafeteria for a few extra minutes to see if a U2 song is actually going to be played.

Not that I did that this morning...
:reject:

Currently Listening: "Has To Be"/Madonna

Re: Re: U2 Fan or Maniac? LMAO

Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's funny 'cause it's true.

i've probably caused just as many people to hate u2 as i have caused them to like u2

:lmao: I don´t bore my friends talking about U2, they like their music and that´s what matters to me :hug:

Back
Top Bottom