U2 = Emo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A deep gap came between me and my friends, who were in a band. My best friend for years was/is a lead singer in a band, and they're all into greenday :shrug: ...

I mean, if they were more U2, I totally would have gone Bono on that band, but............ it wasn't my time.

They did "new years day"........ and it was bad........
And SBS :(

================

From that point on (though not really haveing to do with the music, honestly), we really started going our separate ways :shrug:

U2 should have it's own musical genre, because it encompases so much. I mean, I can't relly think of another band that has done so many different things, and in the way U2 has done their things. THat's why they are "Beatles" great, to me. ANd that's why their my only favorite band....

Emo?

"the emotional side of punk", as AOL radio describes it.
:shrug:

People all over the world need to understand that maybe you SHOULDN'T try for a career in music.....

I don't have anything against emo, really.... I just haven't heard anything that makes me respect it. And that's not really a superbad thing, because I don't respect a lot of music out there :shrug:

all my friends are "emo-idiots" or.. that's what I call them. when they play their shitty poppunk whiny crap with their emo defined clothing/image (ex. tight jeans, hair dyed black, studded belt, handkerchief in back pocket, overusage of eyeliner, etc.) I just want to slap them silly and make them realize that GOOD MUSIC IS OUT THERE IN THIS WORLD. well one of my friends adores Queen, Sigur Ros, and Tegan and Sara.. so she's an exception :wink:, but the others are all idiots :angry:.

well anyways, back to the topic.
imo I don't think U2 is anywhere near being considered emo. U2 have practically created their own genre or label for themselves. their music is so unique that it's difficult to label. but then, we all have different definitions for emo or whatever, so from one view or another, U2 could be 'emo' in a way.

Until I hear U2 do a song that sounds like Blink 182 or Dashboard Confessional, I'll have to pass.

Now for the serious point...

Are the teletubbies emo?

:wink:

ZeroDude said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard Discotheque by the Teletubbies?

Boom Lala!!
Boom Lala!!

Into If You Wear That Velvet Dress by Tinky Winky with his handbag
:wink:

Whenever I am in a thoughtful mood, or a mood where i over think things to much...such as life or raltionships i always say to people im feeling emo...

Tinky Winky wore the velvet dress.:wink:

He's also in the back in Anton's video for One.

interestingband.jpg

dude, look at bono. he is so totally emo.

Back
Top Bottom