U2 - Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix).mp3 <-- the REAL THING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok...

If you're looking for the REAL version of 'Electrical Storm (Orbit Mix)'....

Use NewMedia

search for: U2 - Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)

It will be 6,014KB in size.

Enjoy,

Joel

So, the Orbit mix is the single version? I kinda liked the other one better (not the demo, but the OTHER one...yes, I'm quite vague). Oh well, its still got "the stuff."

Last edited:
Thanks Elvis and earlier to U2LA ! I like the first ? album / Orbit version. It has a slower intro and a gradual build up. The synthesizer sound in the background adds a dreamy-like late at night atmosphere. It seems like they put some echo on some of Bono?s vocals in the early part of the song. I like the inclusion the ?electrical storm - baby don?t cry? after the first verse. But I like the harder rocking last 1/3 of single version. It kind of reminds me of the finish of Beautiful Day. The last 1/3 of the album / Orbit version has a synthesizer sound in the background that I believe gives it a more of an ?eerie? sound. It fits the ?dreamy? synthesizer sound at its beginning but I prefer the more ?stormy? finish of the single version.

Yeah, awesome, and so far is t he better quality recording of the song!

Just heard this new version.I'm too sure what to think. I loved all the other versions, the guitars sounded great. Here, a lot of the electric guitar I liked is missing. I still like it though, but I'll have to have a few more listens to come to a more concrete conclusion.

BTW is this version the album version too?

really like this version--actually I really like all the versions. I think it is so cool to hear the different versions; it gives some insight into the process. Even though this is a minoroty opinion, I still think the original BBC Demo is my favorite version. I hope someday a CD rip of this version will surface.

One thought: this Orbit version seems to have the best sound quality of all the versions. Is it a cd rip? If so, when will the other shoe drop? In other words when will we get high quality mp3's of the other versions.

All the versions have their own merits, but I think I prefer having more electic guitars than the acoustics in the Orbit version. I mean, towards the end some great guitar stuff is missing in his mix, I wasn't pleased!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :D :D :D

I absolutely love the William Orbit Mix!

The BBC mix was weak, the Single Mix is very good, but the William Orbit Mix is the best!! The William Orbit mix adds something new to the U2 sound, it's more experimental. I love the way the song builds in the beginning. I hope this really is the one that finds its way to the album. U2 has done a good job with this one.

karl

I really, really like this Orbit mix, I have only heard the BBC version before this one and this version shits all over the BBC demo, Bono's voice sounds really great, but I dont know about the synthy bit at the end, it sounds cool, anyway I can see this song really growing on me, it is really nice but this song would sound even better if that rocking Edge riff from the demo was in there at the end, and you know because I have heard the riff everytime I hear the Orbit mix I can hear it in my mind and I am thinking 'it should be here' it needs to rock out at the end, but hey still this is a nice song, very nice indeed:)

Damn, I've downloaded four versions of this thing and I'm hopelessly confused. The DJ on the WXRT mix referred to the "William Orbit" mix "you heard last hour", and, uh, I didn't hear it. To heck with that DJ. Which version is which? I'm hopelessly confused.:confused: :confused: :scratch:

would you like to have extra cheese with your burger Sir!

This surely proves one things.That Ignoreland guy was genuine, cause I remember him stating that U2 were planning to release two different formats for radio single and the actual single,He also said that one would have heavier instrumentation or something to this effect.Well so far it seems to be right.The other good thing is, this means that U2 now can satisfy more 'fans'...its like the McDonalds, those who like rock will get rock and those who like keyboards meaning experimental sound, they get that.

Thanks, Elvis! I downloaded it this afternoon!

I like it, but I still don't love it. It's a nice song, but like all of William Orbit's work, it's overproduced. I perfer the Radio 1 demo, it had a rougher edge to it. This song is little too smooth for my taste. Still, though, it's enjoyable. It's one of only two mp3s on my player right now. :D

does anyone know if this is ripped directly from a CD or is it taped from radio? The quality is great--I was just wondering if it is ripped from a cd, maybe we could get the other single mix ripped too. I do like this version a lot; I think this version sounds like it could be off POP.

hmm I found it a bit hard to follow- all of that information on that page that yertle gave a link to.....anyway I just want to let you all know that I have been listening to the orbit mix all day today and I simply cant get enough of this song, it has grown on me immensely, I think I now have a new found faith in any new U2 music- good on ya guys!:)

oh and something else that I have been thinking is, that synthy bit near the end of the song kinda reminds me of early video game music- makes me think a bit of that game Zelda, I am sure it had some similar sounding music in it, anyone else had a similar thought, or is it just me?:)

Last edited:
Cool! I dunno, the Orbit production makes it alot shinier and easier to digest. But it's not as much U2 as the other one if that makes sense. I think it is the ending that is disappointing in the Orbit version, builds up really well and then just goes "woosh woosh", no big guitar or anything, if there was a compromise between that and the Radio1 version then it might sound better to me. Same Orbity Madonna Ray Of Light All Saints' The Beach song effect, which ain't exactly a bad thing.

I prefer the drums in this though:p Ah it does sound pretty cool, I'm liking it on listen 5:D

The Orbit mix is much more in the spirit of U2's work from the 90s.

I think it would fit into AB or Zooropa much more than ATYCLB or the 80s albums and for that reason alone I think it a much better choice to on the BEST OF rather than the other version.

I am sure this was U2s reasoning for putting the Orbit mix on the album.

is it possible to get this song somewhere else? u2world doesnt work for me.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom