U2 DVD's from Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey!

I picked up the Elevation Notre Dame dvd recently in Dublin, and it's really good. Obviously not Slane/Boston Quality - but it was well worth 18Euros. If that one is still on ebay, go for it!

(The 'What's goin On' cover from that gig is... :drool: )

Plus - I think that gig is the first one they did after 9/11.....I think:eyebrow:

Please don't support these fools that sell on ebay. Look to the trading forums here (even if you don't have anything to trade, you can get in on the trees and B&P's) and on other u2 trading sites.

I have an extra "Under the Brooklyn Bridge" DVD that I picked up off e-bay that I'm willing to trade. The sound is very good but the video is amateur shot and shaky at times with crowd blockage during some shots. If interested let me know as I wouldn't resell on e-bay & risk someone being disappointed.

Chrisedge said:
Please don't support these fools that sell on ebay. Look to the trading forums here (even if you don't have anything to trade, you can get in on the trees and B&P's) and on other u2 trading sites.

eh, each to their own. I'd rather buy off e-bay and not go through the hassle of trying to trade with people (which I found overly time-consuming and frustrating).

ImOuttaControl said:

eh, each to their own. I'd rather buy off e-bay and not go through the hassle of trying to trade with people (which I found overly time-consuming and frustrating).

You're only cheating people out of more bootlegs. Some people won't distribute their recordings simply because they know that if they do, the recordings will soon end up on e-Bay.

Aardvark, the Notre Dame concert was indeed the first post-9/11 gig -- 10/11 -- and I was there. I've bought numerous of the videos and CD's from this concert -- mainly trying to find a really good one. Some are just aimed at Bono, which ain't bad, mind you, but I want to see the whole band. ;-)

Axver said:

Some people won't distribute their recordings simply because they know that if they do, the recordings will soon end up on e-Bay.

Then I simply fault the people who are hoarding the rare recordings if this is hurting other fans who want to hear/see the show. Bootlegs happen with every band, nothing's gonna stop it.

Axver said:

You're only cheating people out of more bootlegs. Some people won't distribute their recordings simply because they know that if they do, the recordings will soon end up on e-Bay.

Originally posted by ImOuttaControl
Then I simply fault the people who are hoarding the rare recordings if this is hurting other fans who want to hear/see the show. Bootlegs happen with every band, nothing's gonna stop it.

I can see both of your points. I despise bootlegs on eBay with a passion, but I also know traders who will only trade if you have something they want. While I kind of understand their reluctance to deal rapidly with everyone (I know a few who have seen material they shared in confidence with someone they thought of as honest, show up for sale on eBay shortly thereafter), it's a bit of a vicious cycle. Not being willing to trade with newbies pretty much cuts the newbie trader (or someone who wants just a couple of live shows and doesn't want to become a trader) off at the knees, so they go to eBay.

I've developed decent relationships with some people who trade in what I like to collect by being around, not being too pushy, and by always keeping my word about the conditions of the trade. It took a while, but I think it's pretty solid.

There are for and against reasons for buying these bootleg DVD's. I don't mind paying for a bootleg if the price is reasonable like £10 for a concert. But its when the twats on there are charging £15+ for piss poor copies thats what pisses me off. Also the ones I would recommend are Zoo TV at Washington, I reckon thats great. Sound quality and picture quality are ok but I like the version of New Years Day when Edge fucks up the piano and Bono starts shaking his head hehehe, great stuff.

indra said:

I can see both of your points. I despise bootlegs on eBay with a passion, but I also know traders who will only trade if you have something they want. While I kind of understand their reluctance to deal rapidly with everyone (I know a few who have seen material they shared in confidence with someone they thought of as honest, show up for sale on eBay shortly thereafter), it's a bit of a vicious cycle. Not being willing to trade with newbies pretty much cuts the newbie trader (or someone who wants just a couple of live shows and doesn't want to become a trader) off at the knees, so they go to eBay.

I know what you're talking about here, the headaches are what made me quit trading.

I have a pretty extensive U2 boot dvd collection (somewhere around 45 shows). About half I got were from ebay, about half were out of trading. Generally, the dvd's I've bought on ebay have been much better quality(chapters, menus, nice artwork..ect), while I was only really pumped about a couple dvd's I got through trading. For the most part I've dealt with good people, but there were enough bad ones too. One example is of last fall when a guy wanted to trade about 6 dvd's or so, which was fine. Well, I sent mine out within couple days, and he didn't bother to send his out for about 2 months. After this happened to me a few times, I decided I'm not going to put my time and effort into it anymore. I spend a lot of time editing my dvd's with nice menus, chapters and extras and I rarely get anything as nice in return--like you said a lot of traders are overly protective of the prized shows. So I guess from now on I'll download shows when I can or buy them on ebay.

ImOuttaControl said:
Generally, the dvd's I've bought on ebay have been much better quality(chapters, menus, nice artwork..ect), while I was only really pumped about a couple dvd's I got through trading.

Then your dealing with the wrong crowd. Every GREAT DVD (That I can think of) was traded and/or torrented first, then sold on eBay with the exception of the 2 DVD Stockholm Zoo TV show. (I saw that first released in color on eBay)

JT LA
LV Elevation 2 DVD
1.1 Cam Irving Plaza
2 Cam Irving Plaza
ND Bono Cam
ND 2 Cam
Popmart Mexico Complete
Laserdisc transfers of all official releases
Rattle and Hum Outtakes
Rattle and Hum Rough Cut

I could go on and on. All of the above were torrented as well with the exceptions of the official stuff.

Then some bastard WHO DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH OBTAINING, CREATING, OR TAPING the above, gets it, then MAKES MONEY off suckers when no one should be profiting.

I share all my recordings and will contiune to do so, but it pisses me off to no end to see people PROFITING off what I did and gave out for free.

Personally I like trading. I think the key (or one of the keys anyway) to enjoyable trading is to build relationships with traders you can trust. Everyone that trades probably has had a bad experience, either not getting the discs or bad burns etc...but as someone who's only traded for 6 months or so I can say I've had good luck 99% of the time.

Also with the collection I've built up (audio & video), if I had to pay for it all rather than trading my wife would kill me :(

Back
Top Bottom