U2 DVD Petition - Spread The Word!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
online petitions are fucking stupid.

do you really think the band is going to release a DVD because a petition told them too?

seriously.....

bono_man2002 said:
how many times have you watched your slane dvd?.....

Do you really think the petition is why they released Slane? They were planning to release it at some point anyway. The petition may have just sped up the process. They didnt just go through the major production and filming of the show so it could sit on the shelves.

The problem with prior shows is that most were never filmed with a full production crew. Just the standard camera operation. So U2 may not deem those fit for release. Knowing what perfectionists they are I would say it is doubdtful. The only thing we can hope for is DVD of past shows that were filmed for release like Red Rocks or even Rattle and Hum. Imagine the full production and show for 12-20-87 as it was obviously filmed by a full production crew. It would be the bands perogative to release any of this though, not an online petition. The best hope is the full Red Rocks show from 83 but I dont think a petition is going to sway that either.

I'm sorry my friend, but this is the kind of things bands never release on their own. :( It's worth a try, like if they see how many people would buy it they might?

We do have Rattle and Hum out on DVD and that's mostly live. I hope the ZOOTV one will come out someday.

COME ON KEEP THE FAITH !!!!! I'M SURE THEY RELEASED SLANE CASTLE DVD BECAUSE THE FANS PETITION ( INCLUDED ME !!!! )
IT TAKES ONLY A MINUTE !!!! WHAT CAN YOU LOOSE ???
NOTHING... WHAT CAN YOU WIN ???? EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAKE UP DEAD FANS !!!!!!!

i think that maybe they were planning to at least release zoo tv sydney and popmart mexico city at some point. i mean the trailers on boston? also, if you search the little computer station at a borders for zoo tv, one of the results that come up is the dvd format. to me, it seems like a release had been planned, and the stores had started preparing for it on some level. maybe something like this would just be a way to let those in power know that, yes in fact we would be interested.

by the way, headache, when i grow up, i'm going to bovine university!!

Tell me, who made the choices as to which live shows we want them to release on a dvd? Asking them to throw together a list of live performances that YOU chose out of their catalog is a bit much.

How about a more realistic petition, like getting them to release Sydney ZooTV and Popmart on dvd. That one I would sign.

ponkine said:
COME ON KEEP THE FAITH !!!!! I'M SURE THEY RELEASED SLANE CASTLE DVD BECAUSE THE FANS PETITION ( INCLUDED ME !!!! )
IT TAKES ONLY A MINUTE !!!! WHAT CAN YOU LOOSE ???
NOTHING... WHAT CAN YOU WIN ???? EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAKE UP DEAD FANS !!!!!!!

look at your keyboard, all the way to your left, the third button up, and press it once.

thanks.

Agreed. Stop trying to bring more attention to your post just by putting it in capitals, we're not going to miss it you know...

sorry !!!. Come on, please think in all fans who can't get all the unofficials DVD'S around there :( . Honestly, this is the best idea I've ever heard. I know most of you are from Europe or U.S, so you're used to see U2 live anytime you want !!!. Here in South America things are so different, we only have one time U2 in this part of the world, and probably we won't see them again :( .
Releasing all previous VHS on DVD is nothing actually new, for you probably is great, but here all we have less money, so we can't buy 4 DVD'S ( UABRS, R & H, Zoo Tv and Pop Mart ). That's the reason why here we see things in different way. Please, you can't loose with these DVD'S, just sign in, that's all. Also it's so easy for all you because many of you don't have to learn English, I'm one of the few English Spoken people in South America :sad:
Please try to see our way, thank you

ponkine said:
Here in South America things are so different, we only have one time U2 in this part of the world, and probably we won't see them again :( .

what about keep the faith ?

Also it's so easy for all you because many of you don't have to learn English, I'm one of the few English Spoken people in South America :sad:

Think again :wink: (look where I'm from :shifty: :wave: )
You say it's easy for them, I say it's easy for everybody (especially me :macdevil: )

Where are you from exactly?

ponkine said:
Soy de Chile !!!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

I think we got that already established, but where exactly are you from?

Creo que eso ya esta establecido, pero exactamente de donde eres? Yo soy de ?u?oa, Stgo.

First 500 fans !!!!! go on !!!! Spread the word
this is getting stronger and stronger :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Really cool coments !!!

Hi folks, read this :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
487. Eddie it?s not really difficult to relase these dvd?s. Belfast concert were transmited by local TV. Loreley, by German TV. Dortmund, by French Tv.Live Aid, East Rutterford, Stockholm and Modena, by MTV. Los Angeles were filmed for Rattle & Hum Movie. Dublin concerts, by Irish TV. Santiago, By Chilean TV, etc. So it?s easier than some people think !!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE NEWS TODAY !!!!

Guys, it is said U2 OFFICIAL DVD PETITION has been deleted !!!
I don't know who did it, but if you go to the petition link doesn't work anymore, so no more fans can sign in . We were about 1300 fans in just 11 days, but now we have two choices: 1- create the petition again, knowing we have to add 1300 fans after the first one, or 2- ask directly U2 sending an e-mail. Fortunately I copied the full tracklisting. If you want it, send me an e-mail PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD AGAIN
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

i'd just give up. honestly, while i admire your ambition, i can only laugh at the thought of U2 and their Principle Management saying, "hey guys, 100,000 people signed the petition, so let's just release it!"

remember, there's a lot of marketing that goes into any U2 release, and they're not just gonna go on the word that 100,000 MIGHT buy it.

just be patient. they'll release some good stuff in the future. but i really think you're simply wasting your energy.

mikal said:
they're not just gonna go on the word that 100,000 MIGHT buy it.
especially when you factor in how many signatures were probably duplicates. it's really easy to go "oh, i'm kelly from boston and i really want this stuff to be released!" then five minutes later you're bob from south africa who loves the red rocks concert. then you become sally from new zealand who wants to know when the band will tour there.

i've honestly never seen anything actually happen from any of these petitions. i've seen a ton of them, all for many different reasons. a petition can help if we're talking something relating to the government, like wanting to push for legislature or if someone's trying to run for office. or maybe at work for like 15 minute breaks or something. but for things to go on sale? i'd like the prius to cost $10,000 less and be available in neon orange, but getting a few thousand to sign my petition won't convince toyota to do it.

Back
Top Bottom