U2 Dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KorovaMilkBar

Babyface
Anyone aware whether U2's backtitles will be released on DVD?
In particluar ZooTV, Popmart, Achtung, UF, Red Rocks?
This stage i am only aware of Boston, Slane, Best Of 1990-00 and making of JT.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. can't find any references.

ZOOTV is a must!

Yeh i think they probably will.....by the end of 2005 i expect zootv and popmart at least to be on dvd

btw, the UF documentry is on the slane dvd as an extra

I think it'll be a while yet. We've got singles, an album, a tour, and a DVD of one concert from that tour to get through in a couple of years, and it'll only be after all that's done that we'll see some stuff start to come out. Red Rocks, if they decide to only release what they've got on the video, will probably appear as an extra like the UF documentary did.

KorovaMilkBar said:
Anyone aware whether U2's backtitles will be released on DVD?
In particluar ZooTV, Popmart, Achtung, UF, Red Rocks?
This stage i am only aware of Boston, Slane, Best Of 1990-00 and making of JT.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. can't find any references.

ZOOTV is a must!

Do you think U2 really cares? If they did they would have released those vids on DVD long ago. They don't need the cash and it's not worth their time to remaster the audio and video of those releases. Maybe when they are over-the-hill and grasping for air with no creative ideas, then they will release their previous releases in new formats or their old albums "digitally remastered" (just like some "has-been" artists I'd rather not mention). But it seems like U2 are a long way from being over-the-hill. I thought POP was a sign U2 were losing it, but they have reasserted themselves with ATYCLB and proved that they are still on top of their game. So I don't foresee any such release in the near future.

Cheers,

J

What I don't understand is why is DVD necessary while we have these concerts released on VHS? I know it's better quality and you can watch on the computer, but the released VHSs are good quality and still better than most bootlegs. I'm not saying I don't WANT DVDs, but I won't be disappointed if it never happens. I'd rather have U2 spend time on NEW music/tours/DVDs then go back to the stuff we already have.

The thing about the UF being on the Slane DVD is that it's not the entire documentary. If you want it just track down the original VHS that has the music videos and such.

Well...I have Rattle and Hum on DVD...I guess that's sort of like a concert. But I myself would love to see ZooTV and Pop Mart in their entirity since I was too young to experience them when they were originally here.

At least we have Zoo Station from Sydney on Elavation Boston 2001 DVD and the Popmart Live from Mexico Gone on the Best of '90-'00 DVD.

Whether we like it or not, most folks agree that VHS will eventually be obsolete. So releasing this stuff on DVD will be imperative at some point.

A_Wanderer said:
At least we have Zoo Station from Sydney on Elavation Boston 2001 DVD and the Popmart Live from Mexico Gone on the Best of '90-'00 DVD.
And also Running To Stand Still from Sydney on the Joshua Tree (making of) DVD.

i'm getting zoo tv sydney on DVD, yes before you get too exited, it is a bootleg...

but the show is complete (inculeds trying to throw your arms..zoo confessionals)
i hope when its officaly released...its the complete gig....however i belive they got some under-aged girl on stage for a drink during tring to throw your arms...so it might not be included

zoo tv

zoo tv would be killer on dvd - think of the extras they could offer!

(the george bush "we will rock you" clip, the love is blindness video, the FOX concert special from late 1992, ben stiller's "zoo tv late at night" sketch, footage of zooropa's opening act-the reunited velvet underground, bono and a live lou reed doing sattelite of love, clips of all the covers-like '[dancing queen', etc)

Back
Top Bottom