U2 donate to rescue Sex Abuse Charity!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi!

Thought Id mention this article here....I know it should have been posted at U2news forum but as non-premium member I couldnt....

Anyway what U2 did to help a charity stay afloat is magnificent and hope that the Government will do well to keep it going for a lot longer....

Heres the article with kind permission from NME.com....

U2 COME TO RESCUE OF SEX ABUSE CHARITY

U2 have donated over ?27,000 to stop the closure of the sex abuse charity 'ONE IN FOUR' due to a funding crisis.

The band, along with manager Paul McGuinness, made the cash donation of 40,000 Euros to keep open the Irish branch of the charity which campaigns on behalf of people who were sexually abused as children.

A statement by U2's management said: "The members of U2 and their manager have offered to provide to 'One In Four' 40,000 Euros to enable this wonderful organisation to continue its vital and important work for a further month, while the government gets it together to do the right thing."

According to Reuters, charity officials said that the cash donation would keep the support group going for the time being.

dougal

dougal55 said:
Hi!

Thought Id mention this article here....I know it should have been posted at U2news forum but as non-premium member I couldnt....

dougal

If you find any U2-related articles that you think should be posted in the News section, feel free to PM or e-mail me (devlin@interference.com)! Just so everyone knows, we can only post from the original source, not stories from places like U2Log or @U2, etc.

Back
Top Bottom