U2 diehard fan...(While waiting for next tour..!?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addicted To Bad

Refugee
... lost on the Horizon staring at the sun!
Iwas just wondering.:scratch: What´ve we all done since Hawaii?? No tours...no new songs... Well, we have Interference, our DVDs, books... but have U2 fans gone to others rock concerts since then ?? (just in order to "fill in the blanks"..??) or are they just saving money for the next U2 tour ??:confused:

Me..?? (actually I haven´t gone to any rock shows (btw: Iron Maiden (Somewhere Back in Time Tour) is playing in my town... their airplane is just..:cute: .. and Bruce Dickinson is a very good pilot!!), but I "believe it or not" I am re-reading U2 BY U2 , "very deep into my heart" this time..

What about you all folks ???What have you done while waiting to see U2 rocking the world again ??? :corn: or :crazy: ???

Honestly, I think most of us have spent the time making mindless threads in EYKIW.

I have to admit, I contemplated suicide a few times, but ever since all this buzz about a 2008 album, I've put it on hold. :up:

PlaTheGreat said:
I have to admit, I contemplated suicide a few times, but ever since all this buzz about a 2008 album, I've put it on hold. :up:
I find your lack of sarcasm disturbing.

leernp0.gif

I got into a lot of classic rock from the 60s, like The Beatles, The Who, and The Rolling Stones.

I also saw The Killers, The Police, Weird Al, Evanescence, and Linkin Park in concert.

Addicted To Bad said:
(btw: Iron Maiden (Somewhere Back in Time Tour) is playing in my town... their airplane is just..:cute: .. and Bruce Dickinson is a very good pilot!!)

I wish I could be in your city now :drool: :rockon:

I tested my willpower by going an entire month without listening to any U2 labums or watching any U2 DVDs. The first week was easy, I almost caved the second week, I saw U23D the third week, and lived off that high during the fourth week. :crack:

I just wanted to see if I could do it.

I built a radio station on the internet.. :yes:
At work, we all IM each other through MSN live. There was this icon that lets you build your own station and put your own music in it. Choices are pretty good, besides the usual hits - I've gotten some live versions from Rattle & Hum and the live version of ONE at 46664 and some other live tracks. I put in all the U2 stuff and other music like it ( their opinion of course).
I started to build a Pearl Jam station and they had as many U2 tracks (nearly like) as the U2 station. Same with the Verve, Crowded House etc.. It's interesting to see how many artist are considered "like U2". I've put in Snow Patrol, Coldplay and Keane and they all have U2 tracks in there. Pink Floyd was a nice surprise.
So that's what I've been doing. It's not downloads or anything but something to listen too. Had to do something - the coworker in my office likes nothing but country. :eeklaugh:

I went to see Motorhead... Lemmy what a legend.

Uh and I went to a music festival, mostly reggae.

I've finally just read The Unforgettable Fire by Eamon Dunphy, I'd been avoiding it because it looked like too much reading and not enough pictures. I found that really interesting, though a lot of the early family background and such they go into themselves in U2 by U2.

Lots of dvds, and the JT remastered cd.

Since seeing U2 in Dec. 2005 I went to see BB King. He talked about Bono and then played When Love Comes To Town. That was pretty cool.

Oh and I saw Weird Al. He was great!

Right now I go see U23D once in a while.

sue4u2 said:
I built a radio station on the internet.. :yes:
At work, we all IM each other through MSN live. There was this icon that lets you build your own station and put your own music in it. Choices are pretty good, besides the usual hits - I've gotten some live versions from Rattle & Hum and the live version of ONE at 46664 and some other live tracks. I put in all the U2 stuff and other music like it ( their opinion of course).
I started to build a Pearl Jam station and they had as many U2 tracks (nearly like) as the U2 station. Same with the Verve, Crowded House etc.. It's interesting to see how many artist are considered "like U2". I've put in Snow Patrol, Coldplay and Keane and they all have U2 tracks in there. Pink Floyd was a nice surprise.
So that's what I've been doing. It's not downloads or anything but something to listen too. Had to do something - the coworker in my office likes nothing but country. :eeklaugh:

You are really having a good time ....:applaud:

I haven't really been listening to U2 that much lately. I think it was good for me to take them out of heavy rotation for awhile. I've been expanding my musical horizons a lot lately, listening to things I never even knew about a year ago, a lot of jazz and experimental music. I'm enjoying it, too. That's not to say I won't be excited when the new album finally comes out and the buzz of the next tour starts up, but I'm definitely not going through withdrawal or anything.

bonocomet said:
Since seeing U2 in Dec. 2005 I went to see BB King. He talked about Bono and then played When Love Comes To Town. That was pretty cool.

me too! I got up and screamed...i was in third row and BB saw me haha. He asked the crowd Has anyone ever heard of Bono? U2? thats when i flipped out :D

EdgeIsTooSexy said:

me too! I got up and screamed...i was in third row and BB saw me haha. He asked the crowd Has anyone ever heard of Bono? U2? thats when i flipped out :D

Cool! Where did you see him?

I saw him at Musikfest. It's a pretty huge festival that goes on where i live.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
I saw him at Musikfest. It's a pretty huge festival that goes on where i live.

Awesome. Saw him here in San Diego. This wasn't a big festival, but it was a charity event for a youth shelter here that BB has supported for many years. Saw some other great performers too like George Thorogood and Taj Mahal. Great night! :up:
And yeah I totally screamed at the mention of Bono and it was great to sing along to WLCTT. :D

very cool! lol yeah that was def. one of the highlights for me.
Was anyone else really into it?

Back
Top Bottom