u2 cover contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scaramanga2

The Fly
I don't know if it's been made before, but I think it is a good idea to make a u2 cover contest. This is an idea I borrowed from theskyiscrape a Pearl Jam forum, where anyone who wants to and has the tools and the guts to record and upload a song, could enter this contest. The only rule is that it must be a u2 song, and each day there is a match between two contestants, selected at random. Then after the first round, there's a second, third, depending on the number of people who entered. Then there's the semifinals, battle for third round, finals, etc. And the winner gets a prize, I don't know what it could be. I wish there's more people interested in making this happen.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wanted to contact with a moderator privately but I can't since I'm not a premium member

Obviously you weren't here for the sing with me game :lol: we aren't afraid to sing for other people ;)

I'll definently enter

I'd enter for sure.

Just whoever wants to enter should be able to. Whether it's just you an acoustic guitar and a mic, or singing to a backing track, or anything really.

I think I'll come up with a dance remix to a depressing song like Wake Up Dead Man.
EDIT: Disco remix.

Last edited:
^ They're covers if the vocals are rerecorded, I guess :shrug:

I'd be interested in this, but have no musical skills. Does anyone have any backing track resources that some of us could use? :hmm:

ok so I ask the mods if this could be a sticky so everyone can see it.

anyone who wants to enter just leave a post, the deadline is a week from this day, that would be friday 24 , I think it's enough time. Then depending on how many people entered, I will arrange the bracket and the battles.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
^ They're covers if the vocals are rerecorded, I guess :shrug:

I'd be interested in this, but have no musical skills. Does anyone have any backing track resources that some of us could use? :hmm:

I have backing tracks for the following songs which I'm happy to share :)

With or Without You
Stay
Sweetest Thing
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
One
New Years Day
Still Haven't Found...
Even Better...
Beautiful Day
Angel of Harlem
Wild Honey
In a Little While
Wild Horses
All Along the Watchtower
Helter Skelter
Mothers of the Disappeared
In God's Country
Stuck in a Moment...
All I Want Is You
Staring at the Sun
Last Night on Earth
Please

I think a couple of them may sound a little odd but for the most part they are pretty good. Let me know if you want any of them & i'll YSI them.

MrBrau1 said:
Mods- Is this gonna get a stickie?

For Christ's sake, we stickie a thread about acronyms.

ACRONYMS!

Why dont you just chill your pill :madspit:

MrBrau1 said:
Mods- Is this gonna get a stickie?

For Christ's sake, we stickie a thread about acronyms.

ACRONYMS!

By the way, there's a mistake in that thread. Don't know if anyone else has spotted it, but IGWSHA is accidentally typed IFWSHA. :wink:

Depending on how long this contest lasts, I'm planning to try with my band a new take on a couple songs.

sorry, the deadline for entering the contest is friday 24th, then I'll post the rules and later there will be another deadline for uploading the songs

yes...i have a free week i might try one of these

i did a hendrix version of all along the watchtower...but it sucks lol

haha ahaaa that's okay then! I thought we had four days to record! that wouldn't have been a problem but i have other things on :wink:

see you friday!

the judges will the members of interference, every day there's going to be a new battle, and everyone will have a chance to vote for their favourite

time and work permitting...
dudeman is in!

brau, i'm coming after YOU!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom