u2 cover contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Wow, The First Time ... that's really great. Nice!

Is the Mofo cover there by Rafiennes, too? I'm really digging that one, too.

I did do the Mofo as well, thanks for digging it...
Glad people are liking The First Time as well, I had a lot of fun doing it

Hoping to get some people to send me some mp3s so it's not the Rafiennes' U2 Cover Page

That'd be lame...

Alrighty then!

We have an update!!!

First, from dudeman, there's a kick-ass version of Babyface - very cool, summery vibe to it. Give it a listen!

Secondly, is a version of Vertigo that I can only describe as an acoustic version done by a drunken French Mexican. I shall call it, Vertigo - The Frenchixican Vibe! It was done as a goof and it's pretty funny, actually.

So we're on our way.
If we get some more covers sent to u2coversongs@yahoo.com then we can swap them around and keep it fresh and exciting.

Great work people!!!

Rafiennes said:

You could always download and THEN ff on itunes or something :wink:

you think i've got all the fucking time in the world?! what's wrong with you :wink:
guess i didn't consider that option but usually i haven't saved many of these to be entirely honest with you! :(

that cover of 'vertigo' may be one of the greatest things i've ever heard. EVER.
that validates everything. all the vitriol on this board, the frustration articulated in the useless pages of this thread. everything, even the iraq war!
whoever did that, thank you. thank you for making me smile...
:wink:

gareth brown said:

you think i've got all the fucking time in the world?! what's wrong with you :wink:
guess i didn't consider that option but usually i haven't saved many of these to be entirely honest with you! :(

YOU HAVEN'T SAVED MANY OF THESE!!???
HOW DARE YOU!!!??
And to think...YOU'RE the one who is supposed to be putting together the tracklisting for our Intereference Cover Album...so ashamed of you right now... :wink:

AARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Myspace deletd the account because of copyright bullshit.
Okay...deep breath..........it's official, folks...I'm stumped.
I did what I could and I'm sorry it didn't work out better
If someone wants to try and pick up from here, be my guest.
The u2coversongs@yahoo.com account still exists so that can be used to send files to...

Sorry...
So bummed right now... :shrug:

Damn it! I knew I should've checked out the latest tunes yesterday.

Thanks for your efforts, anyway.

I have no idea how this works or what the contest is or if there is even a contest, but....

here is me on youtube....

youtube.com/profile?user=AcoU2sticMike

Let me know if I win something.
:)

Rafiennes said:

YOU HAVEN'T SAVED MANY OF THESE!!???
HOW DARE YOU!!!??
And to think...YOU'RE the one who is supposed to be putting together the tracklisting for our Intereference Cover Album...so ashamed of you right now... :wink:

hahaha, that sounds great but are you sure you have the right person?

why don't we turn this back into a competition? although i'm still waiting for vocals on mine, the provider is rather busy so I can neither say how long he'll be nor tell him/her to hurry up i'm afraid. :wink:

gareth brown said:

hahaha, that sounds great but are you sure you have the right person?

why don't we turn this back into a competition? although i'm still waiting for vocals on mine, the provider is rather busy so I can neither say how long he'll be nor tell him/her to hurry up i'm afraid. :wink:

Well, if you can find a way of getting the songs to people, g ofor it.

I tried. Myspace shut us down (I felt like Bono on the roof of the WTSHNN video 'I think they're trying to shut us down!')

So I've exhausted all that I know.

Also, if anyone here lives in NY, please check out MY myspace page cos my band's playing in March...yes, that's right...I just self promoted...:tongue:

i've just set up u2covers@gmail.com
people could send them along there and I could upload them to a googlepages site and just paste the links here and we could just get on with the contest?

I've got some webspace I can host the files on as well as have a snappy page dedicated to it, if needed.

I'm interested in hearing more covers. I would make some of my own if I could play any instruments but I can't. So come on, people! Let's get this thing started up again!

Has anyone got a site where we can post these covers?
I have the ones left over from myspace site #2.
I think people wanna hear these, it's just a matter of finding some place to put them...

like i said
gareth brown said:
i've just set up u2covers@gmail.com
people could send them along there and I could upload them to a googlepages site and just paste the links here and we could just get on with the contest?
just send them along and they'll go up on the googlepages/storage thing and we can download and enjoy to our heart's content! :up:

Back
Top Bottom