u2 cover contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hell yeah, throw it up here!

Out of curiosity, are any women participating in this game/contest/thing? Or has it all been men so far?

That cover of Babyface is really great ... this may border on blasphemy, but I almost prefer that arrangement of it than U2's. :reject:

Your wife has a nice voice - I like Crumbs with that lighter vocal touch. Thanks for sharing those!

this could have been really cool.
how did it get so boring?
do interferencers really suck this much?
amazing promise
insane disappointment.
share your music!

dudeman said:
amazing promise
insane disappointment.
share your music!

It's being worked on as I type this.
An email account is being set up for people to send their songs to and a mymusic page will be up - we'll post four covers at a time for about a week or so, then switch them up...I hope...:ohmy:

dudeman said:
amazing promise
insane disappointment.
share your music!

Oh my god, settle down.

corianderstem said:

Oh my god, settle down.

this was a great idea that went to shit.

This board should be chastised.

Just look at the threads that get traction:

"The top 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs...."

Great. Nice. Awesome. :|

Well gee, sorry not all of us have fancy recording equipment (or any recording equipment) to play along with your high-falutin idea.

Go find a new hobby if all you can do is bitch about the quality of stuff around here.

Now that I'm less cranky ...

I'm sorry the contest didn't pan out as planned. I was looking forward to listening to more entries. :(

Sorry for being bitchy yesterday, too.

corianderstem said:
Now that I'm less cranky ...

I'm sorry the contest didn't pan out as planned. I was looking forward to listening to more entries. :(

Sorry for being bitchy yesterday, too.

don't sweat it man. i was feeling cranky, too.
nevertheless, folk should keep checking in and contributing. i'm thinking of a few other interesting interpretations and have a free weekend coming up...

^ I haven't download your cover of Satellite of Love yet, but I just want you to know that I still enjoy your instrumental/karaoke versions of the beach clips (especially I Believe and All My Life). Thanks to the better quality I listen to them more often than to the original recordings. You've done a great job!

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

OK, so maybe we don't have the contest anymore, but we can still listen to everyone's entries...

If you have a U2 cover you'd like to share, email it to the following address...

u2coversongs@yahoo.com

it will then be posted at the following site...

http://www.myspace.com/u2coversongs

Songs will be available for download for a limited time, then we'll swap the songs around for a new batch...

If people have enough U2 cover songs, we can keep this going for quite awhile...

So send us your Satellites of Love, send us your Babyfaces, sends us your Streets that need naming...let the listening BEGIN!!!!

Rafiennes said:
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

OK, so maybe we don't have the contest anymore, but we can still listen to everyone's entries...

If you have a U2 cover you'd like to share, email it to the following address...

u2coversongs@yahoo.com

it will then be posted at the following site...

http://www.myspace.com/u2coversongs

Songs will be available for download for a limited time, then we'll swap the songs around for a new batch...

If people have enough U2 cover songs, we can keep this going for quite awhile...

So send us your Satellites of Love, send us your Babyfaces, sends us your Streets that need naming...let the listening BEGIN!!!!

that's the spirit!:wink:

An Al Green / Philly Soul inspired version of 'The First Time' will be up in a few hours. Hope you like it.

Rafiennes said:
'The First Time' is up and running - give it a listen

that's fucking great!
great vocal performance, and a wonderful interpretation of that tune.
nice work!
dudeman:drool:

like the myspace page, bit annoyed that fast forwarding through the tracks is disabled though...:eyebrow:

gareth brown said:
like the myspace page, bit annoyed that fast forwarding through the tracks is disabled though...:eyebrow:

You could always download and THEN ff on itunes or something :wink:

dudeman said:

that's fucking great!
great vocal performance, and a wonderful interpretation of that tune.
nice work!
dudeman:drool:

Thanks! :up:
I was working on it for the contest but when that looked like it was over I abandoned it.
Glad I got a chance to semi-finish it

Wow, The First Time ... that's really great. Nice!

Is the Mofo cover there by Rafiennes, too? I'm really digging that one, too.

Back
Top Bottom