u2 cover contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 Beginner said:

u2beginner@hotmail.co.uk

Btw, is it okay to enter with just singing to a backing track?

I guess so:

The Edge89

the tracks you sent have no vocals, they're just backing tracks. This is supposed to be a cover contest, so I'm putting you on another match to give you time to at least record some vocals on the tracks.

But as I said, I'm out because I can't sing.

my covers can be ready by Saturday/Sunday. is that okay? i still haven't been told when the final last minute no more entering deadline is!! :huh:

does each bracket have a new cover? like, if someone won the first round for their cover of "one", then does that same cover get pitted against the next contestant in round two, or do both contestants have to make a new cover for round two?
this is cool! good job to everyone so far! =)

The_Edge89 said:
am22884, is it ok if I use my guitar version of "Thank You" with your backing track in this contest, or would that be unfair?

(I'm StreetEdge from u2sound-forum.com, if you didn't know)

Sorry for not replying, I totaly missed this post. Feel free to use "Thank You". Good luck with your entry.

Canadiens1160 said:
submitted mah shit to teh emailz

well i'm yet to finish my cover :huh: if the worst comes to the worst i'll have to beg to be put against someone else later in the competition or something if that's allowed! I've got lots of work on at the moment and am working on my cover in the college library on my laptop whenever I get a spare moment but it should be done friday/saturday'ish when are we up?

am22884 said:

Sorry for not replying, I totaly missed this post. Feel free to use "Thank You". Good luck with your entry.

Thanks you for your reply, however I'm no longer participating in the contest, yet I'm still in the bracket.

I've sent an e-mail to you, scaramanga2 explaining why, and I also posted in this thread a few replies ago I can't sing and I want out, the rules where unclear to me when I entered, no one answered my question about recording a guitar track onto a backing track and have no vocals would count as a cover for this contest despite the fact that I asked twice if it was OK, the next thing I was put in the bracket, and then I thought everything was OK.

Then all of a sudden it isn't OK anymore to enter with no vocals on your entry.

I don't want to make a fool out of myself any further and obviously I care for your ears, so please, please take me out of the contest!

Good luck to the rest of you brave people!

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:

Thanks you for your reply, however I'm no longer participating in the contest, yet I'm still in the bracket.

I've sent an e-mail to you, scaramanga2 explaining why, and I also posted in this thread a few replies ago I can't sing and I want out, the rules where unclear to me when I entered, no one answered my question about recording a guitar track onto a backing track and have no vocals would count as a cover for this contest despite the fact that I asked twice if it was OK, the next thing I was put in the bracket, and then I thought everything was OK.

Then all of a sudden it isn't OK anymore to enter with no vocals on your entry.

I don't want to make a fool out of myself any further and obviously I care for your ears, so please, please take me out of the contest!

Good luck to the rest of you brave people!

Dude, if you think the music is strong enough, then sing over it and do something with the vox. Throw on a bunch of echo or reverb or something. My vox were so rushed that they make me cringe, but I think the music is pretty strong.

Give it a shot!

The_Edge89 and others, what if we get other people to sing and enter under '<name> featuring <name>'?? Because I may get too embarassed to sing my cover :wink:

I'm waiting for some entries to have the next battle ready, not every person that entered the contest has sent me the file

My song is awesome. Just pit it against anyone. Pit it against U2's Bad. Whatever it's just awesome. :drunk:

wow i totally forgot about this...uhhh...when is my entry due? I have three finals this monday and a paper due tuesday so I'm probably not gonna have time to record anything before then

MadelynIris said:
...those who were unable to fullfill their obligation...
haha don't make it sound so bad!

guys, i've had way too much on for christmas to finish my vocal and my request for a singer to help me out fell flat so until christmas/possibly new year have buggered off i'm afraid i'm not able to enter mine right now - unless you want an instrumental i've spent quite a lot of time on my backing track ;)

Last edited:
gareth brown said:

haha don't make it sound so bad!

guys, i've had way too much on for christmas to finish my vocal and my request for a singer to help me out fell flat so until christmas/possibly new year have buggered off i'm afraid i'm not able to enter mine right now - unless you want an instrumental i've spent quite a lot of time on my backing track ;)

well, for whatever it's worth, i'd love to hear what you did.
depending on the tune/key, i'd be happy to take a crack at the vox.
so you know who/what you're dealing with, i did the cover of 'streets'
you can check some of my other shit out at
www.myspace.com/cmsrockmusic
drop me a line at:
craigmsmithmd@yahoo.com

we'll work something out. i love hearing new music, maybe we should just scrap the whole 'contest' bit and just keep this thread alive by posting covers/remixes whenever the fancy strikes....that would be WAY cool...:drool:

dudeman said:

we'll work something out. i love hearing new music, maybe we should just scrap the whole 'contest' bit and just keep this thread alive by posting covers/remixes whenever the fancy strikes....that would be WAY cool...:drool:

If that's the case, like if I can just post a cover, I might just have one.

I'll keep checking

I really just want to hear the rest of the songs

I'm thinking everyone just post their tunes.

Or send them to me and I'll provide a Zip file/link with all the songs.

thoughts?

Well, this appears dead.

So we're gonna do it my way.

Everyone needs to send me their songs.

Whether it's already been part of the competition or not.

Send me a link:

brau1@yahoo.com

I'll collect them all and post 1 giant zip file.

Then we'll discuss.

Do it.

Back
Top Bottom