u2 cover contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool! Thank you!

One question...are we going for original sounding covers or basically trying to copy what's already been done?

Last edited:
anyone else making their own backing track?
When's the deadline for entries??!

gareth brown said:

Doing it all...backing tracks...vocals...making sandwiches....all of it...now I'm hungry for a sandwich...

gareth brown said:

i feel dumb asking this :der: but what exactly do you mean by our own backing track...do you mean are we gonna play our own instruments? if you do then, i am, just me and my crap guitar....wouldve liked to do it with my band but they aint u2 fans soooo yeahh.....

and question to scaramanga...do we ALL gotta give you the backing track by monday or just the contestents of the first matchup?

Backing tracks are either you playing your guitar, bass, drums or voice and recording it. Or either you can take one of the bands songs and just take away a part from it. As in you can take away the guitar, bass, drums or volcals and you can play your own bass, guitar, drums or you can sing..

aww man, if I had seen this sooner I would have entered :( my band totally does Vertigo...that's the only song we do :lol: and we've been together for almost a year now :lol: we're not very dedicated :wink:

but yeah if we do this again I'll totally enter. I'm looking forward to hearing what people submit, what a cool idea! :up:

HolyMeximofoJoe said:

and question to scaramanga...do we ALL gotta give you the backing track by monday or just the contestents of the first matchup?

well the sooner the better, if you need more time you can send it to me at most the day before your battle in order to upload it and have it ready

AtomicBono said:
aww man, if I had seen this sooner I would have entered :( my band totally does Vertigo...that's the only song we do :lol: and we've been together for almost a year now :lol: we're not very dedicated :wink:

but yeah if we do this again I'll totally enter. I'm looking forward to hearing what people submit, what a cool idea! :up:

check the bracket, if you think you can have the song ready before the last battle you can enter.
Anyone who wants to enter, just ask. The bracket is not full so there's room for more people

Last edited:
glad to hear a few people are actually making their covers, as I already said this was looking like a karaoke contest if anything. :ohmy: :wink:

am22884, is it ok if I use my guitar version of "Thank You" with your backing track in this contest, or would that be unfair?

(I'm StreetEdge from u2sound-forum.com, if you didn't know)

UKTan said:

I have backing tracks for the following songs which I'm happy to share :)

With or Without You
Stay
Sweetest Thing
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
One
New Years Day
Still Haven't Found...
Even Better...
Beautiful Day
Angel of Harlem
Wild Honey
In a Little While
Wild Horses
All Along the Watchtower
Helter Skelter
Mothers of the Disappeared
In God's Country
Stuck in a Moment...
All I Want Is You
Staring at the Sun
Last Night on Earth
Please

I think a couple of them may sound a little odd but for the most part they are pretty good. Let me know if you want any of them & i'll YSI them.

Would you mind sharing these with me, I'm not using them for this contest but it seems like I don't have all of the backing tracks avaliable in my collection.

theedge1989 @ hotmail.com

Thanks!

Go to send space.com (remove the space between send & space.)

Follow the directions and upload the files. Be sure to enter your email in the recipient and sender fields.

You'll get an email from send space, with your link to the uploaded file.

Send that link to kerplunk.

Last edited:
Scaramanga!! help! I need to know when the LATEST POSSIBLE DATE I CAN SEND YOU MY ENTRY IS!?!? i'm working on it but I've got two gigs this week and am not going to be able to give my cover my full attention right now! When's my 'battle'??

I'll be sending mine tomorrow (DEC 5) as I've been busy writing a paper tonight. No biggie I hope as I'm in the second bracket, no?

EDIT: Also are we allowed to submit a new cover for each round of the contest? :hyper:

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:

EDIT: Also are we allowed to submit a new cover for each round of the contest? :hyper:

yes, that's the point, but if you want you can enter with the same one

UKTan said:

I have backing tracks for the following songs which I'm happy to share :)

With or Without You
Stay
Sweetest Thing
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
One
New Years Day
Still Haven't Found...
Even Better...
Beautiful Day
Angel of Harlem
Wild Honey
In a Little While
Wild Horses
All Along the Watchtower
Helter Skelter
Mothers of the Disappeared
In God's Country
Stuck in a Moment...
All I Want Is You
Staring at the Sun
Last Night on Earth
Please

I think a couple of them may sound a little odd but for the most part they are pretty good. Let me know if you want any of them & i'll YSI them.

:ohmy: Would you be able to send them to me please? :)

My email is u2beginner@hotmail.co.uk

Btw, is it okay to enter with just singing to a backing track?

Back
Top Bottom