U2 Contribute To Ramones Tribute Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
RAMONES TRIBUTE UPDATE

In an interview with The Seattle Times, Rob Zombie (how's that for a
source?) lists U2 as one of the contributors to an upcoming Ramones tribute
album: "It's almost finished," he reported.

"Me, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Offspring, Motorhead, Joe
Strummer, Eddie Vedder, we've all finished our songs. You have to do them in
your own style. The originals are already perfect so you sort of have to go
in there and (expletive) it up or it's kinda pointless."

Zombie is co-producing the album, which is due for release in June or July.
U2's participation has not been made official by record label spokespersons.

In another recent article, Johnny Ramone also listed U2 as a contributor
during an interview with the Tucson Citizen.

This is great news that U2 will be on this recording. We all know U2 recently recorded 'Beat On The Brat' for the Carlings, but it will be interesting to see which song they did. Possibly 'I Remember You' since they covered that on the Elevation Tour. However, I would love to see them cover something else, a personal pick...'I Just Want To Have Something To Do', a classic Ramones song that U2 could really do justice to. By the way, any other big Ramones fans' out there? So, looks like more new U2 on the way, by way of a cover tune.

Chris

this is such great news, i just got a cbgb's t shirt and have to get a ramones t. hay ho lets go.i also watched the movie called rock and roll high schooll about the ramones and it rocks.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES

smile.gif

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

U2 should do "I Want To Be Sedated"

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

picked up Joey's post mortem solo album last week. It was a blast of nostalgia despite being a new record. doesn't come close to 1976-1980 Ramones, but is just as good if not better than their 90's output. He does a cover of Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World."

I wouldn't mind hearing U2 do Cretin Hop, Bonzo Goes to Bitburg or even a shamefully romantic version of I Wanna be your Boyfriend.

Hey Barlowdog, thanks for the update on Joey Ramones' album. I keep seeing it when I get to the record store, but wondered how it would be without the riffs of the rest of the Ramones. What was interesting that at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Ramones said they would never record or play live again without Joey.

Chris

Yr welcome, Spanisheyes. If at all possible, listen before you buy. This may be an album you can pick up used after a little while. Marky Ramone played on some of the tracks. Bono also received a special thanks on the sleeve insert. I thought it was neat to see his name alongside Howard Stern and Kurt Loder.

Back
Top Bottom