U2.com vs DMB Warehouse-What a contrast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adb280z

The Fly
The Dave Matthews Band fanclub, Warehouse is $35 a year, you get opportunities to buy tickets well inadvance of general sales 5 pairs per tour. I have been a member from the start been to 30 or so shows and have always been very happy, even got front row this year! Also there is an annual membership package with pictures a Live CD, this year their was a mousepad, there is a monthly contest giveaway and a good website.

U2.com for $40 a year gets you 1 pair of tickets, which you may or maynot actually be able to buy, and should you be able to buy them probably aren't really what you were looking for anyway. Also you get some a keychain or some other crap. I'm really disgusted with them. I feel like I wasted money on this.

Also not that it's a totally fair comparison but DMB tours every year, usually twice. U2 will tour this year and maybe part of the next and then we'll see ya in 3 yrs.

They should look to take care of thier biggest fans with a fanclub, not screw them over.

Andy

Hopefully www.U2.com will learn from all of this, sooner rather than later. We must give them time to improve and if not, then wreak havoc over there.

ugh to think you just mentioned DMB and U2 in the same breath. There is no comparison. DMB has nowhere near as many fans as U2 and nowhere near the demand. End of story.

U2LA said:
ugh to think you just mentioned DMB and U2 in the same breath. There is no comparison. DMB has nowhere near as many fans as U2 and nowhere near the demand. End of story.

True. 3 million calls to Ticketmaster today. Some turd on interference has a better idea. Things fell apart today. Request your money back from U2.com and move on. If they won't return your $, then your really got something to bitch about.

DMB is a tight band with a loyal following that routinely plays two shows a year near my town (DC) whether they have a new album out or not. They typically sell out 20-30,000 seat venues.

U2 is a tight band that tours once approximately every four years and only when they have a new album out. They can sell out any venue worldwide.

The comparison is misleading.

MrBrau1 said:

True. 3 million calls to Ticketmaster today. Some turd on interference has a better idea. Things fell apart today. Request your money back from U2.com and move on. If they won't return your $, then your really got something to bitch about.
I tried getting money back for one I didn't buy and it was near impossible, I ended up disputing the charge with my card company. V-I-S-A saved my $40.

I happen to like both bands. Now DMB is not nearly as popular as U2 but they can do something U2 couldn't back in 97. They sold out three nights in a row at Giants Stadium in July of 2000. I know I was there for all three. In 97 for Popmart U2 didn't sell out the 3rd night. The comparison is not really of the bands it is of their fanclubs. DMB's is far superior and has been since Day 1. U2.com sucks and has since Day 1. Pile on your wrath if you like but I'm right about this.

Andy

Well, this just goes to show that God made nobody perfect.

DMB=great fansite=great benefits=shit music=shit concerts

U2=shit fansite=shit benefits=great music=great concerts

U2's imperfections are better because it earns them more cash. U2 are much much more profitable than DMB.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom