U2.com is up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I certainly wouldn't subscribe until its up & running properly either...just posted the link so those wanting to check out the design could have a look.

& you're welcome, ramblin rose :)

Thanks for the link... I kinda like it :wink:

and seriously

Priority ticketing for the 2005 tour. You will be able to buy two tickets for any indoor U2 show or four tickets for any outdoor U2 show during your membership term.

I need clarification... I know some of the old pros seem to think that you can enjoy this privilege only once (per leg) but that is not the way I am reading it...

I know. A girl can dream...

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Thanks for the link... I kinda like it :wink:

and seriously

I need clarification... I know some of the old pros seem to think that you can enjoy this privilege only one (per leg) but that is not the way I am reading it...

I know. A girl can dreamm...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Originally I was sure it meant only 2 tickets for 1 show (arenas), but now reading the line you posted it sounds like 2 tickets per show (but doesn't really limit the amount of shows). That would really be unbelievable. Too unbelievable.:|

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Originally I was sure it meant only 2 tickets for 1 show (arenas), but now reading the line you posted it sounds like 2 tickets per show (but doesn't really limit the amount of shows). That would really be unbelievable. Too unbelievable.:|

Why is it so unbelievable? Do that many people follow the band around the countryside and need loads of tickets? How many people have the time and finances to do that? Seriously, Im asking. Maybe theres tonnes of people that do it :shrug:

I'll be bloody lucky if U2 play one concert on my side of the continent.

I bought the membership the other day when it was available on the U2 shop for like a few hours. I just hope that it goes through fine and doesnt get messed up because of it all not been officially launched yet:ohmy:

I also jumped the gun and subscribed early... Fanfire status check shows up fine though, so I am hoping it will be okay....

Regarding the tickets... I really, really hope you are not limited to the number of shows you can buy a pair of tickets for. I will probably not be buying PAIRS anyway since the plan is to hit a few shows and I have no one around willing to do that. Besides, I dont need the dead weight anyway :wink: I am foregoing the typical vacation next year and dedicating that money to try to hit quite a few shows. Goal is 4-8 if not more. :drool:

This is when Detroit and the fact that we have a Northwest hub comes in handy...

Cleveland - 2+ hours
Toronto - 4 hours
Indianapolis - 4 hours
Chicago - 4 hours
Minneapolis - dirt cheap to fly to

:D

Thanks for the advance look, UKTan.

I clicked around, and was very curious to see what the new Zootopia looked like, but was bounced back to the Vertigo screen when I tried to access it....

I suppose I could wait one more day:sad: lol

Did anyone else notice that the free gift for subscribing to U2.com is a key chain? :huh:

U2dork said:
Did anyone else notice that the free gift for subscribing to U2.com is a key chain? :huh:

Yeah. I thought it would be a nice poster or something, but no...a keychain...

beli said:

Why is it so unbelievable? Do that many people follow the band around the countryside and need loads of tickets? How many people have the time and finances to do that? Seriously, Im asking. Maybe theres tonnes of people that do it :shrug:

Lots of us do that. I mean, maybe not "follow the band around," but try to see more than one show. Put simply, fans travel for U2. In airplanes. Across the sea! :yes:

joyfulgirl said:

Lots of us do that. I mean, maybe not "follow the band around," but try to see more than one show. Put simply, fans travel for U2. In airplanes. Across the sea! :yes:

Ah, tis starting to sound that way. It would be prohibitively expensive here. Its a 3 day drive across the desert from Perth to Sydney. Bit less for Melbourne. or a 4 hour flight = $700

You guys are lucky that your cities are so close together, same goes for the Euros. :up:

Last edited:
beli said:

I'll be bloody lucky if U2 play one concert on my side of the continent.

Yeah, actually - I know a LOT of people who did that with Elevation. And a lot who are planning on doing it this time around as well.

"Now look what ye gone and done...ye put out the SUN! You'll not be invited back to our castle!!!'

(with apologies to 'The Unforgettable Fire' DVD)

Chris in NH

ramblin rose said:

Pearl Jam's fan club does this, the only catch is that you have to pick your tickets up in person the day of the show, so you can't buy a bunch and resell them. I think it's a very fair deal. :up:

Site is partially up... still within the framework of the minisite

And crap, crap, crap

Word is that an announcement on the tour is coming soon - all U2.Com members will be able to get priority booking options on two indoor tickets or four outdoor tickets - all ahead of the general public.

So I guess it is for ONE show...

And seriously, who are the monkeys running this site? Looks like it will be good once it is finished, but why wasnt this finished WEEKS ago? And why keep making half ass versions visible to us? We know they are working on it, but what if I am Jane Doe passing by and I am greeted by that cluster? :madspit:

Last edited:
The people running U2.com are complete idiots and no one does anything about it. They are also completely clueless that we think of them in this way. Their press statements all seem to reflect that they consider themselves beloved.

Sorry, but it's just all too funny:lol:

OK, when I go on u2.com, i cant get the whole page to show up.
On the right it has that scroll thing, it wont scroll down..
Weird..

There seems to be a lot of video clips... video clips for every single on every album..... if you aren't subscribed, you can only view clips... but subscribers can see the whole thing. it is pretty dang sweet.

Hm. I looked at the dev site... I tend to agree with most of y'all. I know 15 year olds who have designed better.

I wonder when we'll get the official word on if its 2 tickets and that's it, or 2 tickets per show. I guess we all know which one we want :wink:

:mad: :mad: every time i go to u2.com all i get is the vertigo site, even when i tried the development site. I dunno what i'm doing wrong

not just me that can't view the dev site then (it goes to the micro site hwne I try) :sad:

I can't believe it is December 1st and the stupid site is not up and running.

I'm starting to worry less about my letter from Propaganda. At the rate we're going U2.com will offer the presale after the sale to the public.

For Christ's sake WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM. It's only a website. Why couldn't all of this have been ready on November 23rd? They've had four years to get ready for this website launch.

Who is in charge of this and how much are they getting paid.:no:

To U2: YOU NEED TO ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK. THE PEOPLE YOU HIRED TO RELAUNCH YOUR WEBSITE SUCK.

Back
Top Bottom