U2.com is officially up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:
Did I read something somewhere about a free gift when you sign up?:eyebrow:

Yes, you'll be getting a lovely key chain in about 2 months...

chain.jpg

:hyper: :hyper: It worked!!!!!

I was trying to go through the shop and put the membership in the cart and it wasn't working, but then clicked on subscription link right next to u2shop, and it worked!!!!

:bow: Thank you Ramblin Rose!!!

Anyone have a suggestion about what to do? ... I subscribed early. I also have a confirmation email and order status from 11/24. They aren't answering back my emails :'(. I then created a profile for the same name I used in the fanfire shop... still doesn't work. I wish they'd at least post a message on the site about the situation and what to do.

Skywalker said:
Anyone have a suggestion about what to do? ... I subscribed early. I also have a confirmation email and order status from 11/24. They aren't answering back my emails :'(. I then created a profile for the same name I used in the fanfire shop... still doesn't work. I wish they'd at least post a message on the site about the situation and what to do.

quite a few of us in the same boat mate.... at the moment i think the best thing to do is keep emailing fanfire until you get a reply, but leave the re-subscribing for a few days until all the problems are ironed out.....

Just got this email back from fanfire.com

Thank you for your email. Our apologies for the missing Welcome Letter and 25% off discount code from U2.com. We are aware that members who had signed up before the site was officially launched did not receive the welcome letter, and we are in the process of having those re-sent to U2.com subscribers. You should be receiving an email with your membership details shortly. Thank you for your patience and for being a loyal fan of U2.

Goo thing I didn't sign up again :)

well still no sign of a 25% off e-mail here in the good old UK and the site wont recognise me or the e-mail addy yet either. sit tight for another day or so i suppose. not happy with this though.

I just signed up...and it worked.....I have a membership. I got a confirmation E-mail. I'm just waiting on a credit card confirmation e-mail....and I should be in the clear.......right?:eyebrow:

No. 3.5 said:
Just got this email back from fanfire.com

Goo thing I didn't sign up again :)

or not- i just spoke to fanfire again (the third time) and the response this time was it isn't their problem and has to do with the web master of u2.com. apparently its out of fanfires hands now??!?!?
so i sent another email to u2.com seeing so far i've only got auto-generated responses hoping that this time i will have a bit of luck.

i still think considering the varying answers we're getting that no-one seems to know whats going on. fanfire is blaming the backlog of subscriptions over the past day or two but i just think its totally ridiculous that they underestimated the fanbase of arguably the biggest band in the world.

i'm tempted to cut my losses and sign up again...

digsy said:

or not- i just spoke to fanfire again (the third time) and the response this time was it isn't their problem and has to do with the web master of u2.com. apparently its out of fanfires hands now??!?!?
so i sent another email to u2.com seeing so far i've only got auto-generated responses hoping that this time i will have a bit of luck.

i still think considering the varying answers we're getting that no-one seems to know whats going on. fanfire is blaming the backlog of subscriptions over the past day or two but i just think its totally ridiculous that they underestimated the fanbase of arguably the biggest band in the world.

i'm tempted to cut my losses and sign up again...

I'm in the same boat. I subscribed on 11/23, got an e-mail confirming my order from fanfire, but nothing from U2.com. I can't log in with the user name I chose and U2.com hasn't answered any emails. I used a Visa debit card to pay for the order, the transaction is NOT listed in my Visa statement (I bank online), but my account IS missing $43. So my order went through, plus $3 and I can't even log into the site.

They better get shit together soon or they are going to have one angry woman on the phone :wink: Let me know if you get any new news digsy :|

There must be thousands of us who joined around the 23rd of november. Please could everybody who gets any contact from fanfire (smoke signals included) please post it!

I finally managed to subscribe last night using my Prop number. I have had no confirmation email regarding the payment and I cannot log in as a fully paid up member yet! :mad:

Well i'm another who signed up on 23rd November and am checking this topic loads to see if anyone has an update. Let's hope someone will get some success soon!

Right now I can't even get to the main page. I get this error:

Bad Gateway
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Maybe they are working on it :shrug:

I may have been able to sign up with my Prop number. The cart updated to $20 and everything appeared to go through. No 25% off coupon e-mail though. Where is the @u2.com web mail. I can't see a link to it, or does this mean I'm not really a paid subscriber yet?

fck it
i'm gonna bite teh bullet and sign up again
i couldnt be arsed with this shite anymore

This is the worst job at organizing something I've ever seen. I actually feel sorry for all the people answering the phones and the e-mails when we call pissed off to no end.

Has anyone suggested to fanfire that they just cancel our old orders in their system and then we can start from scratch at u2.com? Seems like that would be the easiest.

I signed up twice as I posted somewhere else... The first time on the 23rd, and being the impatient chick that I am, signed up again on Dec. 2nd.

Thus far neither charge is showing up on my credit card, though I am shown as a member and have full access based on the sign up on the second. I have a feeling I may end up with 2 memberships :eyebrow:

4 tickets though :wink:

Aardvark747 said:

Good luck son!!

i'm a girl by the way but thanks for the good wishes!

so i did it again but it hasnt gone too well this time either although oppositely to the first time

this time i got a confirmation email with username and password from u2.com but it clearly states at the bottom that the account isnt active till i get a credit card purchase confirmation and i should get this as a second email.
i haven't got it yet so i cant log in but on the plus side, just to check if i am in fact now in the database i requested a new password which worked perfectly and i got it about a minute later. so it appears my details are now saved, i'm just not allowed access to the site untill the payment is taken.
who knows when that will be!

its an improvement but its still a total screw up if you ask me!

Back
Top Bottom