U2.com is officially up!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finally subscribed...site seems ok the moment.

Some very nice new t-shirts in the shop too...my christmas pressie list just got longer :)

OK, I've subscribed. :applaud:
Whew! I was getting panicky there!

I'm not sure if all the audio/video links are up and running yet, they wouldn't work for me - or is it my computer?

just subscribed, used my prop code... All the characters in the code are letters, no numbers. My original prop id # would not work, only the special code. The 'A's' look like 'A's' but they are 'R's' or vice versa. keep clicking the Refresh link in the shopping cart til you see the $20 off coupon. oh and no shipping cost for me. got welcome email, order confirm e-mail, and a 25% off merchandse code e-mail.

:hyper:

Last edited:
I subscibed before the new site went up (through the shop on the old site) and haven't had a 25% off email and can't login now. Do I need to re-subscribe?

No. 3.5 said:
I subscibed before the new site went up (through the shop on the old site) and haven't had a 25% off email and can't login now. Do I need to re-subscribe?

yes you do cuz i did the same a week ago and i couldn't log in cuz they deleted everything i think. works fine now tho!

jesseu2 said:

yes you do cuz i did the same a week ago and i couldn't log in cuz they deleted everything i think. works fine now tho!

i think I'll email them as i don't want to be paying 90$ for two subscriptions

No. 3.5 said:

i think I'll email them as i don't want to be paying 90$ for two subscriptions

oh, i didn't buy the membership then... i just registered.

PS... everyone look at http://www.u2.com/faq/

3 things..

General U2.com membership FAQ
Audio and Video Playback Questions
Zootopia

General U2.com Membership questions
Q: What are the benefits I receive when I become a U2.com Member?

A: A special introductory gift - a U2.com members card metal key chain. Priority ticketing for the 2005 tour. You will be able to buy two tickets for any indoor U2 show or four tickets for any outdoor U2 show during your membership term. A U2.com email address (eg. holly@u2.com) with a web-based mail service. Exclusive band stories, features and other online content, including on the road reports and diaries when the tour kicks off in the Spring. Full length audio and video streams and downloads of new U2 material as well as rare and unseen material from the past. Access to all archived U2.com news. New digital content, along with innovative applications like screen savers and digital tools. Members Only message boards and discussion forums within the new Zootopia and regular email to keep you up to speed with band and site. 25% discount on your first purchase from the U2 Online Store.

Q: When will I receive my Introductory gift?

A: Your gift should arrive approximately six weeks after joining.

Q: Can I use the 25% U2 Shop/Merchandise discount on U2 Tour tickets?

A: No

Q: Can I use the 25% off on a friends fan club membership?

A: No

Q: Tickets - Will I be notified when ticket go on sale?

A: Yes, an email will be sent to the email address you have in the fan club.

Q: Will I be able to purchase U2 tickets before the public?

A: Yes, you will be able to buy tickets approximately one week before they go onsale to the general public.

Thats what happened to me. I went back, logged off, logged on and clicked on subscribe again, and then when I got to the checkout I had two subscriptions in my basket. I deleted one.

You will now when its worked cause you will immediately receive a receipt email and then a 25% off email. When I say immediate I mean within a couple of minutes.

beli said:
I cant get into the videos. It keeps asking for my username and password and I type them in and then it asks again.

baby steps, baby steps.

quicktime video works but the windows media isn't

nice videos :)

beli said:
Thats what happened to me. I went back, logged off, logged on and clicked on subscribe again, and then when I got to the checkout I had two subscriptions in my basket. I deleted one.

You will now when its worked cause you will immediately receive a receipt email and then a 25% off email. When I say immediate I mean within a couple of minutes.

this was in response to Aarvarks post. Sorry for the confusion

Anyone else having trouble scrolling down/up? I can't seem to find any arrows. managed to subscribe though by using tab button on computer

My propaganda number begins U2PR- and then 14 other letters. Is this correct? I got the number from my dad over the phone so he may have missed something.

dezmaas said:
My propaganda number begins U2PR- and then 14 other letters. Is this correct? I got the number from my dad over the phone so he may have missed something.

My prop number was the same and it worked ok

On the audio/video problem....just go to My Profile....confirm your details....then when you log back in, things should work fine.

And am I the only one that realizes that scalpers will catch on to this and be buying quality tickets early and then selling them for tons of moola? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
i wasnt a prop meember but bought my membership a week or so ago. i now tried to login but i dont recall having been givne a log in name and when i tried to request it with me email it says it doesnt recognise my email address?
am i going about this completely the wrong way or waht - how do i find out my login name and password?

got an email confirming my purchase but nothing for the login name. its not even recognising my email

think i'll have to contact them

Woo hoo I'm in!!!!

Love the U2.com e-mail address. Don't like the site layout though. A case of 'my eyes, my eyes'. I have lines burned onto my retinas even as I speak.

digsy said:
got an email confirming my purchase but nothing for the login name. its not even recognising my email

think i'll have to contact them

I've got the same problem!
:mad:

... this is not really what I expected for the new official site.

I'm not surprised however.

Back
Top Bottom