U2.com Has Video Of Hands That Built America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW

Very haunting....... I like it!!!! Perhaps U2 is on it's way to creating the next "With or Without You"? :eyebrow:

Hummmmm.......I don't know what to think of that...lots of Adam in the video, now I want to hear the whole song...

Love it - apart from the strange keyboard thing they got going on in the background, reminds me of a kids cartoon I used to watch!

BUT I do like it. :yes:

Jo

very sophisticated

i think from the clip that 'hands that built america' is going to be a very dramatic full blown song. almost anytime you make a song for a movie it is going to be a big production. normally producers will add strings, heavy orchestration, etc. this is because the music has to seem as large as the big screen. since we see the edge on the keyboards they could possibly by themselves get the variety of instrumental sounds needed for a dramatic production. from the words and tone of bono's voice i believe the song will make quite an emotional splash to tie in with the movies theme.

Seeing that clip gave me the chills! Although I couldnt hear anything.

:sad:

can't say I'm too crazy about the vocals in that little soundbite
overall not bad though

Maravilhosa...haunting and beautiful...and Edge on keyboards! Can't wait to hear the whole thing. As I said to a friend, I was so eager to hear something new coming from U2 that I felt like I were starving and someone threw out a bone. ;)

elevatedmole said:
Am I a bad fan?

I don't really like it. :huh: I mean, it's not bad, it just isn't really great. Hopefully the full version sounds better..

lol, you're not a bad fan! I felt the same way about Beautiful Day the first time I heard it on my computer speakers. Actually, no, my true reaction was "What the @!*& is THAT *%!~@???" But now I like the song. So who knows.

I like the music for this song quite a bit. The title still sort of makes me cringe, though. And I'll wait to pass judgement on the lyrics until I've heard the whole song...

Mirrorball Girl said:

I like the music for this song quite a bit. The title still sort of makes me cringe, though. And I'll wait to pass judgement on the lyrics until I've heard the whole song...

I'm wary of the title and lyrics too....

First time I heard it, I cringed and thought eww mellow mellow pop.

The second time I heard it, I though.. this isn't actually that bad.

Now as I listen for the 8th time, I must say I really look forward to hearing the full version!

Mirrorball Girl said:

lol, you're not a bad fan! I felt the same way about Beautiful Day the first time I heard it on my computer speakers. Actually, no, my true reaction was "What the @!*& is THAT *%!~@???" But now I like the song. So who knows.

Yeah, I don't like the title either.. it's laughable. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom