U2.com Has Video Of Hands That Built America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
woohoo! somehow, miraculously, I got it to work at home. :D

thoughts...err...well it reminds me of how I felt upon hearing the teaser clips for ATYCLB. Excited, nervous, wtf-ish. It sounds rough, but I like the direction that I hear. The keyboards are a nice atmospheric touch. Near the end when Bono starts to go off on his tangent it sounds like it's about to all kick in. And I'm very much in favor of Edge vocals. :drool: so, all in all...i think it has potential, but I'm definitely going to save my final call for the whole song WHEN it's leaked (cuz we know it will be). ;)

new u2....makes me smile. :D

Egads, this thing is gorgeous! It sounds like Gregorian chant or something. OK, that sounds cheesy........:lol: :lol: can't wait to hear the whole thing. I wonder if I'll have to go to the movie just to hear the blasted song?:eeklaugh: :eeklaugh:

scatteroflight said:

If they're going to write another song dedicated to a city on their next album, Dublin or London or Belfast or Sydney or Vancouver or Toronto or Mexico City or Paris or Tokyo or New Delhi would all be good choices!

I wouldn't say Miami was as much of a "dedication" as it was a lambasting (sp?) of American culture.

I agree with whoever said it reminded them of The Ground Beneath Her Feet...I loved the direction that song took musically but they veered from that direction for ATYCLB. Perhaps they are finally exploring that untapped facet of their musical styles.

Verdict: I like it for what it is - a 30 second clip.

follower said:

:yes:

Although I agree with scatteroflight?s last sentence ;), lets not forget that the song is the music theme for a movie about Irish imigrants going to America and helping to "build" the country as we know it. Personally I can?t wait to see the movie. And listen to the whole song as well. :)

When I think of what the title "Hands that Built America" could mean, I immediately think of people from all of the different countries that came here and "built" America. I didn't realize the movie is about Irish immigrants, but that makes so much sense!

I like what I've heard, but it leaves me wanting more!

Back
Top Bottom