U2.com -- fabricating stories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hoodlem said:
I don't agree. It is not ok to lie to save a buck. If there really is differences in the official release then that's fine, but don't make up stories. It's leaked! Find some less shady ways to deal with it.

There is no differences Hoodlem. It was all over radio yesterday and it's the thing we already have.

They should quit the lies.

They will only loose credibility by posting it on their official site.

And make no mistake, of course the band approved this guerrilla tactic. Unfortunately...

Please...

People have the oddest things to be indignant about.

"I'm offended because they tricked me into buying the album by lying about the version I stole on the net. Bastards..."

Some of you are making way too big a deal about this.

rkman said:
Please...

People have the oddest things to be indignant about.

"I'm offended because they tricked me into buying the album by lying about the version I stole on the net. Bastards..."

Some of you are making way too big a deal about this.

I'm a collector, i already bought all versions of the album.

Nobody's saying we are being tricked to buy the new album.

We are only saying that U2.com lied. The album is the same that leaked.

Please,

Some ppl act like U2 pays them to deffend the band...

UnforgettableLemon said:
According to Bono on XFM, he thinks a guy at the label leaked it... so it'd be the complete version. :scratch:

Check the news section.

I'm curious: who's the 2 in your picture?

U2_Guy said:

I'm a collector, i already bought all versions of the album.

Nobody's saying we are being tricked to buy the new album.

We are only saying that U2.com lied. The album is the same that leaked.
And I still don't see why anyone gives a damn. OK, they lied about the STOLEN version of the album being different from the one people can LEGALLY buy. So how is this hurting you or anyone else?

Geez, who really gives a flying fuck.

See my other thread. I talked to someone at Interscope last week, and after my conversation with him, I am 99.9% sure they leaked it.

rkman said:
And I still don't see why anyone gives a damn. OK, they lied about the STOLEN version of the album being different from the one people can LEGALLY buy. So how is this hurting you or anyone else?

Geez, who really gives a flying fuck.

You are right. And i'm wrong to agree with you.

UnforgettableLemon said:

Are you talking about my avatar? That's me and my girlfriend, Colleen. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're talking about. :huh:

Cool. I've been really curious since the first time i saw this pic. It's weird, it's like i know you!

I don't see any reason to feel manipulated. My goodness, after all we DO have illegal copies of an unreleased album in our possesions and you're upset that they're trying to do some damage control?

Thankfully we aren't just casual fans and will buy the album when it arrives but there are many who would just download and neglect to ever buy the legit copy.

There's a lot of other things going on in the world that shock and anger me...this isn't one of them.

It's funny how different people are bothered by different things.

I couldn't give a shit who leaked the album, or whether or not the leak is different than the real thing (since I'll be buying the CD, Box Set & Vinyl regardless). I don't even feel that lied to because I don't think the article is directed at the fans.

What really pisses me off is that the article is so poorly written it's embarrassing.

See my other thread. I talked to someone at Interscope last week, and after my conversation with him, I am 99.9% sure they leaked it.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere by U2 or Interscope or bob the Builder, but I would think that 99.9% of the U2 fans that do have the album in their possession right now are going to buy it in one form or the other when it is officially released.

If they had just given us a single, even a non-album single, months ago like we asked, then no one would have gotten hurt! :mad: Now, all of this...all of this can't be yours...

Back
Top Bottom