U2.com edge blues clip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMScoopy

Refugee
anybody check out this clip of edge jamming down in new orleans? this clip is awesome (edge playing blues, a rare treat) however it's only like 10 seconds. is there a full version for the premium members? :drool:

^ oh really?

I have the subscription thing.. but I never noticed if the time lengths were different for either sub or nonsub.. :hmm:

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
Holy crap, Edge seems completely lost without a delay pedal :eyebrow:

Sarcastic bastard.

And as stated if anyone can obtain a full version it would be "lovely".:wink:

go EDGE! :rockon:

A lot of people assume that just because Edge is a minimalist he has no technical skill. That may have been true in the beginning (though the solo on Street Mission? not bad for age 17), but after playing for 30 years I'm pretty sure Edge could play guitar just about any way he wanted to. Maybe he'll quit U2 and form a blues band :wink:

AtomicBono said:
go EDGE! :rockon:

A lot of people assume that just because Edge is a minimalist he has no technical skill. That may have been true in the beginning (though the solo on Street Mission? not bad for age 17), but after playing for 30 years I'm pretty sure Edge could play guitar just about any way he wanted to. Maybe he'll quit U2 and form a blues band :wink:
Very true. Anyone who's heard the live Mysterious Ways solo knows he has technical skill out the skull-capped wazoo.

that was pretty good...edge should get into that a little more and have some songs like that on their new album. including that lovely blues guitar sound and a few solos that are loose like what he was doing in those clips. not something similar to angel of harlem which is vaguely american-sounding, that doesn't count...well I have to dream about something, I have a feeling my traditional Irish U2 album is not gonna happen anytime soon. :wink:

this thread makes me cringe at the thought of bono's silver and gold speech.

Speaking of the devil. I think the guitar on Hawkmoon live (LT) is one of the most extraordinary guitars I have ever heard. That sliding guitar in the beginning. The whole song, actually. Great guitar. Anyone have a good quality clip of that?

JMScoopy said:
by the way, for those who download the song, i think you'll agree that bono should SHUT THE HELL UP during edge's solos! :mad:

I agree and if we're to be honest I'm sure you'd want Edge to solo in a more traditional manner every now and then.

But then again he is the Edge.

:wink:

JMScoopy said:
by the way, for those who download the song, i think you'll agree that bono should SHUT THE HELL UP during edge's solos! :mad:

mmm hmmmm.

when "miracle drug" is played, I wish Bono would just let Edge play his guitar solo.

ElectricalVoice said:
Speaking of the devil. I think the guitar on Hawkmoon live (LT) is one of the most extraordinary guitars I have ever heard. That sliding guitar in the beginning. The whole song, actually. Great guitar. Anyone have a good quality clip of that?

of course!

http://s52.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=2AM74NSYMFHGS0PDD855NJWZHB

probably the song that is most different live then the album version. the guitar is awesome throughout, and bonos rhythm playing is :drool: . this clip is audio taken from the lovetown special. i have 3 live versions of hawkmoon, this one is the best by far.

Wow, I'd seen the thing on Edge on U2.com but didn't pay close attention till seeing this thread. Now I am just sitting here literally going "WOW!".....This is the first time in over 20 years of U2 fandom that I've really gotten keyed in to listening to and really FEELING the guitar....not only just Edge, but Adam's booming bass playing. I LOVE it and feel like a sponge, like I just cannot soak it up fast enough, specifically the solo stuff. Thanks to all for sharing here. I'm enjoying it tonite!!

Back
Top Bottom