@U2.com announces U2 memorobilia to be on display

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brimcart

The Fly
This article was posted on atu2.com on August 4, 2002

U2 Cleaning Out Their Closets
Major U2 exhibition planned next year at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

@U2, August 04, 2002

Matt McGee

A major exhibit of U2 memorabilia is planned for 2003 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.

That's the word today from Jim Henke, Chief Curator at the Hall, who stopped by @U2 staffer Brian Streeter's booth at the Goldmine magazine National Record Show at the Rock Hall.

Henke says he approached U2 about doing a major exhibition last year when the band visited the Hall last year during Elevation Tour. The band was open to the idea, which Henke followed up on by sending a "four page-long wish list" to Larry Mullen.

Larry is widely known as the collector of the group.

Work is progressing on getting Larry's rarities on loan and the Rock Hall plans to open this major U2 exhibit sometime late spring or early summer 2003. Henke stated it would be similar in scope to the current John Lennon exhibit at the Rock Hall.

Goldmine magazine's National Record Show took place this weekend with more than 70 national exhibitors attending the high-profile event.

(Thanks to Mary Cipriani and Brian Streeter.)
? @U2, 2002.

- Can you say ROAD TRIP to the Hall fo Fame?!?

That's awesome! I've been wanting to go to the Hall of Fame for a long time, and I'm definitely going to go when they have the special U2 exhibit.

Sounds great....I've been there before and have been wanting to go back :yes: :yes: Now I have a good reason !!!

Back
Top Bottom