U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the tourist said:
Fan mixing/mastering stations, where fans can purchase a song, and change whatever levels/mixing they want for any song, for any instrument. Say you really don't like the piano in City of Blinding Lights--you could take it out, or turn it down. Say you think the drums are too quiet on Zooropa--you can turn them up. Say you think Bono's voice has too much reverb on Stay--you can take it off. Etc. :wink:

Best idea ever.

Visiongfx said:

Best idea ever.

i dont get this growing obsession with multi-tracks. IMO it's a step too far. it's like being able to scribble over an art masterpiece or remove/rearrange chapters from great books...

I think it devalues and demystifies the art form of music...

chrissybaby said:

Mystery was sucked from music a long time ago. These days, most artists want to be as close to their fans as possible, even to this extent.

LemonMelon said:

Mystery was sucked from music a long time ago. These days, most artists want to be as close to their fans as possible, even to this extent.

:yes:

Personalized music. Music that the listener enjoys more than music made for the masses.

If that technology was available, though, I'd probably spend months re-mixing and mastering every last U2 song.

chrissybaby said:

i dont get this growing obsession with multi-tracks. IMO it's a step too far. it's like being able to scribble over an art masterpiece or remove/rearrange chapters from great books...

couldn't have said it better myself :up: I forgot all about tourist's comment...

I completely agree :yes:

- What about finally presenting exclusive footage from our favourite band BEFORE the 'news' can be found everywhere else on the net? What about having a daily updated official 'news' ticker regarding U2?

I know it's asking too much, but Jesus, have you any idea how much Peter Gabriel communicates with his fans? The bastard takes 10 years to put out an album, but at least he TELLS us what he's doing in the meantime :lol:

I was thinking about sending this thread in an email, but thought better of it considering I won't get a reply for a month and the reply will come back with "Thank you for your feedback, we are now in the process of putting the email in the 'to-read' file. In the meantime, why not sign up and become a U2.com member?"

COBL_04 said:
I was thinking about sending this thread in an email, but thought better of it considering I won't get a reply for a month and the reply will come back with "Thank you for your feedback, we are now in the process of putting the email in the 'to-read' file. In the meantime, why not sign up and become a U2.com member?"

what, no keychain? :angry:

the tourist said:
Fan mixing/mastering stations, where fans can purchase a song, and change whatever levels/mixing they want for any song, for any instrument. Say you really don't like the piano in City of Blinding Lights--you could take it out, or turn it down. Say you think the drums are too quiet on Zooropa--you can turn them up. Say you think Bono's voice has too much reverb on Stay--you can take it off. Etc. :wink:

OH YEAH.

Don't mock the tourist. This will be a reality at some point. The programming is not that rough. There are already flash-based sites where you can upload and remix video with audio. The jump to fairly simple music mixing is not that far off. The artist makes available some isolated tracks and the fans remix them in a fairly simple interface.

I remember Beck did this way back for the Midnite Vultures album. There was this program called ACID that allowed regular schmoes to create DJ kinda stuff out of a bunch of different tracks. Beck posted all the tracks for a particular single (bass, guitars, drums, horns, etc.) and let the fans go at it. I believe there was a contest and the best remix got the b-side to his next single. It was badass, but hardly anyone had the ACID program. It was definitely fun deconstructing a favorite artist's work. And it makes sense in a social networking, new media context. Hell, REM allowed fans to remix their last video and re-post it, and that was pretty cool as well.

The tourist is a super-genius - mark my word, we'll be seeing this soon!

ahittle said:

The tourist is a super-genius - mark my word, we'll be seeing this soon!

Thanks for your support--but I assume if we do see this soon, U2 will be the last band in the world to do this. :sigh: They really do think all the mixing is the best it could get (while I disagree).

chrissybaby said:
the way that BRAT, a fan, runs the Depeche Mode site is a model way to run an official site IMO. They have the rabid enthusiasm and the human touch of a fan (who understands other fans), plus the respect and inside information from the band and management.
:yes: really, just about every other band's official site i go to has someone running it who manages to find that line between keeping fans well-informed, and encouraging us to be stalkers :giggle: brat's one of them. anyone on here's who a fan of anything finn will know how great peter green and everyone at frenz.com is as well.

that being said, i also love the multi-track idea :drool: that was an option on a single i got, and i LOVED messing around with it, and making it into this even better song! i wish you could do that with every song! sure, the originals are great too, but you'd still have the originals.

that combined with better accuracy with news and setlist reporting, would make u2.com a much better, more reputable site...although i didn't really add anything new to the discussion :reject:

Back
Top Bottom