U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
Ok, I wanted to hear some thoughts. It has been out for a while.

Like it? Hate it? Find something cool on it? Recomend it? Want them to change it?

I am not signed up but i think I might if I get some money together.

About the only thing U2.com has that I was interested in were the snippets from the B-Sides, and even then, they only offer a few. Later, I discovered that if you had iTunes, you can preview ALL of their songs through The Complete U2.

So really, no reason.

too expensive. the only thing that membership benefits me is watching music videos, but i can do that through yahoo for free

Well, I can't say I had a problem with tickets.
Sure....us members were supposed to get "the best seats"....I winded up with some OK seats.....

I didnt really want GA.......uhhh Until I got to San Diego....and within the first 10 seconds of COBL....I wanted in :)

I paid $20 since I was a Propaganda member but still not worth it. As of now, U2 are not coming to my home town of Edmonton, so I can't get tickets before the public can. Also the news is usually old and I get my news from Interference and other U2 websites. I will NOT be renewing my subscription, it's pointless and not worth it. OH and you get this "awesome" free gift when you sign up :rolleyes:

Oh dear...do I sense that a form letter/petition/alittle activism is in order?

BTW how do you put in an avatar on this forum?

Last edited:
i joined for the presale, failed in the presale and after my dad sent an angry letter got a refund:wink:

so id say dont bother with a membership

I was put off because I'd already been screwed over by propaganda.

Although i felt sorry for people who lost out in the pre-sale, I was glad I hadn't paid out.

If they promise on the next tour that fans WILL get a choice of tickets, then Ill reconsider, but at the moment, I see no real benefit of joining. I don't even look at zootopia very much because of the awful font.

I joined them too late, so "due to unprecidented demand" I don't get to take part in the presales. :madspit:
So, basically, I spent $57 (Good ol' Aussie dollars) to join a so-so forum and watch a few vidoes.
Yeah, I got ripped off, but my metal card is pretty cool. :rolleyes:

Meghan said:
I joined them too late, so "due to unprecidented demand" I don't get to take part in the presales. :madspit:
So, basically, I spent $57 (Good ol' Aussie dollars) to join a so-so forum and watch a few vidoes.
Yeah, I got ripped off, but my metal card is pretty cool. :rolleyes:

You're in Australia and got your card? I'm on the Gold Coast and suspecting I'll never get mine.

I'll probably renew, I mean, I subscribed to Propaganda, and for awhile, didn't really get anything, until the tour started up again (Elevation), the odd magazine that would show up, but other than that.

I got nosebleeds in the first presale, but my code got straightened out so I got GA for the fall so I'm happy enough.

Plus I'm having fun chatting with the people there, not that this board doesn't have that interaction, it's just has a more laidback feel. I was already a frequent poster on the first Zootopia.

starsgoblue said:
It was worth it for the tickets for me.

Same here. I would never had gotten tickets for a US show (let alone the one in MSG! :rockon: ) if it wasn't for their pre-sale.
Besides those, I like Willie's Tour Diaries and the Tour Personnel profile. And they have the occasional interesting feature.
Considering all those, I don't mind sending $40 to the official U2 organisation.

:)

Axver said:

You're in Australia and got your card? I'm on the Gold Coast and suspecting I'll never get mine.
You're not the only one! There is a pretty big thread in Zootopia with heaps of people wondering where their cards are. Some have waited years and sent countless letters of complaint with not response.
And many who did get their cards got them despite partially incorrect addresses being scribled on the packages.

u2.com isn't the most organised place on the net. I've been pretty lucky, but it seems I'm in a minority. Everything they said I would get, I've gotten. (Even if the 'free gift' was actually an awkwardly large, heavy, credit card shaped membership card/keyring, with nothing on it to say that it in any way has something to do with me personally.)

It does feel nice to know I'm a member of the U2 fanclub though, even if it isn't perfect.

(btw, for some reason I thought you were from new zealand...... :uhoh: )

I'm grateful for the two presales I got to take part in as a former Prop member but don't think I would pay $40 to join the site unless there are more perks. Madonna charges $38 for her fan club and you get a magazine (imagine that), access to a special site, 10 percent off all merchandise all the times, contests, opportunities to contribute to the magazine. She also has a better-run presale. Whether she's on tour or not, it's totally worth it to join her club. Joining U2.com was really only worth it for the presale.

Let's face it, this place is a better resource.

Honestly, the band should give some form of recognition to interference.com for all the hard work done to build up this forum.

Back
Top Bottom