U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reggiethedawg

The Fly
Has anyone successfully managed to visit U2.com since Friday?

Everytime I've been this weekend I get an Internal error - server connection terminated.

Unless its just me (which it probably is :wink:, then I suppose it could be something to do with the new version of the site being worked on.

reggiethedawg said:
Ah thanks, must be something to do with my firewall then methinks :(

If you're using windows, go to the start menu, run, type "cmd" (without exclamations) and then type "ipconfig/flushdns" (again, without exclamations). That may help you.

Thanks for the tip, although it didn't appear to resolve anything :sad:

I temporarily turned my firewall off, and it still didn't do the trick either. I'm guessing it must be a routing/ISP problem which will hopefully sort itself out in time for the new incarnation of the site *crosses fingers*.

Does anyone know how to undo that flush thing? I did it hoping it would help my problem of not being able to get into gmail or net passport, but it didn't, and I'm getting other errors now :scream:

Sorted it. Was a proxy setting in my IE connection settings that U2.com decided it didn't like. All is fine now.

U2Kitten said:
Does anyone know how to undo that flush thing? I did it hoping it would help my problem of not being able to get into gmail or net passport, but it didn't, and I'm getting other errors now :scream:

Eek, sorry my problem has given you a problem :ohmy: I don't really know much about this kind of thing, but have you tried restarting your comp? If that doesn't work, hit it :wink:

I kid you not a Gateway 2000 support operator suggested I do that on my work PC about 7 or 8 years ago.

Every monday morning I would have problems getting my computer to fire up, and apparently it was down to a combination of the hard disk platters being out of action over the weekend, and the cold weather at the time. So after about 2 hrs of going through various diagnostics programs with him over the phone all to no avail, he told me to 'give it a good old thump' in a particular location.

Unbelievably it worked straight away! I kid you not!

Back
Top Bottom