U2/Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Let me apologize in advance, as I know this has been brought up a billion in one times...
1) I cannot search and I have been looking for the thread similar to this for half an hour...I know it exists, cause it was one of the first threads I ever read on interference.
2) I'm just burning to ask this question

Ok.................

So the Coldplay song Things I Don't Understand.....
The intro.....it is VERY remenicent to a U2 song...but I don't know which one...I keep thinking it's Yahweh, but when I listen to Yahweh, it soudns nothing like it....

SO does anyone have an answer?

Once again PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR STARTING THIS UP AGAIN :reject:

Last edited:
It's some random release, I'm not even sure it's ON X&Y...it's on the cd at work and everyday I hear it I get tricked into thinking it's U2.

It's on the single to Speed of Sound.

Dude, every Coldplay song sounds like a U2 song.

Anyway, I listened to the small clip they have at the iTunes shop and the bastards didn't include the intro in the clip. I'm definitely not going to buy it either. But anyway, from what I hear, there's plenty of atmospheric synth, guitar, and driving bass. Pop in The Unforgettable Fire, listen to it the whole way through, and I'm sure you'll find your answer.

Chris Martin even commented to having a U2 UNFORGETTALBE FIRE-ERA poster in the recording studio when he was writing

like "inspiration"

gimme a break, more like "Tips on how to succeed but still make bland music"

I'm wondering if it's one time I heard yahweh live...that's what I keep thinking, cause everytime I hear it my brain immediately goes "take these shoes.." as soo as the intro's over...

btw...what a coincidene...I just got UF yesterday as a late Christmas present ;)

catlhere...have I ever told you I love you

in a friendly way...;) no crazy internet stalking here....no way :reject:

I could only listen to a sample of it on Yahoo music and I couldn't think of any U2 songs it sounded like, although the bass vaguely reminded me of New Years Day. Right before he says "These are things that I don't understand", the bass sounds reminds me of the bass in New Years Day before "I will be with you again" or "I, I will begin again."

Sorry that's the best I can come up with from the 30 second sample I listened to. Do you know of any sites where I can listen to the whole thing???

If I ysi it could I get into trouble? (sorry knew to all this crazy interference music sending stuff.) Just don't want to do anyt;hing illegal :angel:

I listened to it because I love to ridicule Coldplay as much as the next person, but I really couldn't find anything to compare the intro to. :shrug: I don't think it sounds anything like Yahweh. I think it sounds like a really bad UF b-side, yeah, but no song in particular. Maybe A Sort Of Homecoming after being disembowelled, but not Yahweh.

bono_212 said:
yeah...see I'm insane ;)

I don't know what I was hearing....oh well.... :shrug:

Well, considering that Yahweh is basically just a rehash of UF and JT mixed together...ah, I won't get into it. :wink:

well I just listened to it again...(hte intro, not the whole song, I don't really care for the whole song)

anyway...it's not the whole intro...just the guitar part....that sounds like something...but I JUST CAN'T GET MY FINGER ON IT!

bono_212 said:
catlhere...have I ever told you I love you

in a friendly way...;) no crazy internet stalking here....no way :reject:

I like all their songs that sound like U2. That guitar is totally Edgeified. :lol:

Actually I like A Rush Of Blood To The Head better than X&Y though. I don't think X&Y has many good songs for my taste. But yea. I don't hate Coldplay for sounding like U2

I hope everyone wants to sound like U2 :drool: more good music around. No emo shit.

sorry...i listened to it and i really can't hear any resemblance. hope you find it one day, though. what a sweet day it will be.

PlaTheGreat said:

:sad: :sad:

Chris Martin and I are crying big emo tears.

lame.jpg

it will be a sweet day...i'll probaly be all over interference...typing these in random place :hyper:

mentioning the discovery in posts without relevance.

MWAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA

alright I'm ok now.

GibsonGirl said:

LOWELL. I had a feeling you were doing something like this.
If I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd stay up all night playing like this. :(
Why are all my friends nightcrawlers. :( :( :( :(

:sad: <- Tears stream, down my face.

Back
Top Bottom