U2:CD:UK:OK, Exclusive.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Check out this lated exclusive from u2log.com:

"U2:CD:UK:OK
Last Saturday evening (Oct. 16), U2 performed four of their new songs from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb at Riverside Studios in Hammersmith, London, for a future broadcast of the British music show CD:UK. Their set was “Vertigo,” “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own,” “City of Blinding Lights,” and “Miracle Drug.”

U2log.com reader Simon was one of the lucky 200 U2.com competition winners who were invited to watch the taping of the show. He tells us that before performing “Miracle Drug,” Bono spoke at length about the song being about a parapalegic boy who attended Mount Temple and how the boy gained the ability to make slight head movements because of a “miracle drug.” Also before “City of Blinding Lights,” Bono provided the same explanation about the song being about London and New York City after 9/11 as he did during the Top of the Pops performance.

Simon reports that all the music was pre-recorded and only Bono’s vocals were live. “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own” was performed twice because Bono was unhappy with the first performance. Apparently, he did not like the audience waving their hands slowly in the air while he sang. Oh, Bono…"

Oh, Bono indeed. Anyway, it sounds like it was another awsome performance, even concsidering it was pre-recorded music.

I say it won't be long till we hear Miracle Drug and STYCMIOYO in the now standard, crappy cell phone recording with unusual background noise.

Well, there you go...hope you like it.

thanks a lot. in a way i'm hoping that we don't have more leaks before the cd comes out because i don't want to have heard everything before the studio versions. especially when the sound quality is usually far below ideal.

blindinglights said:
thanks a lot. in a way i'm hoping that we don't have more leaks before the cd comes out because i don't want to have heard everything before the studio versions. especially when the sound quality is usually far below ideal.

You know, I agree with you in that I don't want to hear any more. I've heard the TOTP leaks and really enjoy them ,but that's enough for now. I was just hoping that those who want to hear everyting they can gets their hands on, will be able to. :)

There is so much going on..I mean first off a lot of people are lucky enough to see such events live..and there are those (like me) who can only wish she was there but wil have to settle for the Album release...I hope U2 leaves surprises for us for the tour!!:|

I'm also sort of hoping no more tracks make it to the internet before the album release, because I would like to still have surprises then, but I know I have no will power and if tracks are out there to download I won't be able to resist...:reject:

Neither stories (from U2log and Interference) give lenghty descriptions of any songs, unfortunately, but one guy said Miracle Drug was his favourite and worth waiting 4 years in itself... Wow... I'm already blown away by Vertigo, ABOY and COBL. Imagine!

Back
Top Bottom