U2 cancels summer tour because of exhaustion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
From The Irish Mirror:

BONO'S NO TO GO-GO
U2 STAR CANCELS TOURS TO REST

Paul Martin

U2 have ditched plans for concerts in Europe this summer because Bono is
exhausted.

I can reveal that the band have decided to stay in the recording studio instead
and give their lead singer a break from his gruelling schedule. The rockers were
set to perform a number of one-off outdoor concerts including a show in Belfast.

But after months of touring and jetting around the world on humanitarian missions
Bono has been ordered to take it easy for a while.

A group insider said: "There's only so much that any human being can do and
Bono needs some time off.

"In the last month alone he has been in America, Africa, Ireland and the UK.

"He wants to spend some time with his family.

"The summer concerts were never set in stone so it's not as if they have to make
any big cancellations.

"They have had a meeting and decided it would be better to go back into the studio
and write new material."

U2 have performed over 100 concerts in the past year.

The star has already written six songs for the new album and material could be
released by November.

Fans were hoping for more live concerts this summer after the huge success of the
Elevation tour.

But U2 manager PAUL McGUINNESS confirmed the concerts wouldn't go ahead.

He added: "They will not be touring Europe this summer. Instead they are spending
their time in the studio working on new material for a possible release later this year."

Last month THE EDGE hinted that they would stage a concert in Belfast after missing
the city on the Elevation world tour.

He said: "We would love to do a show there if we can get a big promoter behind it. It's
a definite possibility."

-- Sound credible? How reliable is the Mirror anyway?

Ah well, at least it answers our questions...

------------------
And I felt like a star...

well, that article seems to mention about every rumour I have heard the last few weeks

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I believe this was a great move on the bands part. Some U2 fans always want the most out of the band. They want the best albums, they want to see them on tour as much as possible. But with U2 touring and Bono humanitarian campaigns, I can see where this grueling schedule could take a toll on him physically, as well as mentally. Bono is not in his twenties anymore, though he acts like it with the stamina that he projects with all of the travelling he does.

I, for one, would love to see them continue in the studio, take their time, and make the best possible album that they can with no pressure of promoting it, or meeting deadlines for a tour. I believe that U2's back is not up against the wall like they might of felt after making Pop. They are making an album on the heels of a very successful album, and tour(which I feel Pop was just as well), so they can be a little more relaxed, spending time with family and friends, and letting Bono, the Edge, Adam, and Larry soak up the experiences of life that have made for great music in the past, and future.

Chris

I'm glad King B is taking a break. Anyone remember that he has a new baby boy?

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Back
Top Bottom