U2 books.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Has anyone seen or read "U2 stories for Boys" By Dave Thomas or "U2 touch the flame"?
I saw these for sale (cheap) online, but I can't find a review of them anywhere.
Thanks

I own these, but haven't read them. Flipping through them however, gives me the feeling that they are comprised mostly of "common" knowledge and pics of the band...nothing really in depth or new.

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

I have "Touch the Flame". If you can get it for cheap, I'd recommend it. Nothing particularly "new" but it's comprised entirely of direct quotes from the guys and a lot of super pictures up through the JT era. Makes a nice coffee table book and a quick reference for U2 quotes to throw in posts here.
biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Ik ben een vrouw, hoor mij eens brullen!!

Hey thanks, I don't usually count on older books for new info, but they usually have nicer photos. I guess I'll be whipping out some plastic before work today.
Any other suggestions for U2 books that have either excellent photos or are just nice to own?

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:

Any other suggestions for U2 books that have either excellent photos or are just nice to own?

If you don?t have the "Bible" yet, you should try and get it. It?s worth buying.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:
If you don?t have the "Bible" yet, you should try and get it. It?s worth buying.

I just finished reading it last night. Man is that a good book, to anyone out there that hasn't read it, run, don't walk, to your closest book store!!!

Originally posted by Angell:
I own these, but haven't read them. Flipping through them however, gives me the feeling that they are comprised mostly of "common" knowledge and pics of the band...nothing really in depth or new.

Don't have Touch the Flame, but I have Stories for Boys which I picked up years ago before the internet existed. 1985 I believe it was when the book was first issued. It was the first ever book I bought on U2. Back then when I was really starting to get into U2 full fledged it offered a lot of insight into the band that I never really had access to in the past. Of course now with all the info we have right here at our fingertips, I can see where the book may seem a bit vague. Still though, it's worth a quick read. Kind of brings you up from the early days right up to the Unforgettable Fire era.

Other books worth noting is Hot Press U2: In the Name Of Love which is jammed with great articles from Hot Press as well as pics. Another good one is U2: The Early Days but it's pretty much the same info in Stories For Boys. Three Chords and the Truth is also a good one.

Perfect timimg as always Mrs C. A friend just opened a 2nd hand CD/book store and will keep any u2ey stuff he finds for me. I totally went blank on the name of the book I want. Got it now.."the Bible" by Bill Flanagan;D
btw.. i just woke up from a very vivid dream and who should feature but Adam. It was after a gig, his birthday. Everyone had given him a U2 single, so I was offering to buy some from him but was worried my Aussie dollars weren't worth anything. Kept offering him more and more....well what I had, $15. Then I got too clever clever and started asking if they would be touring Oz...kapoof!! the dream ended. Lovely while it lasted. Only my second U2ey dream in 20years, the other one about 2 years ago, involved Bono and Princess Diana ballroom dancing after a gig.
"I like dreamin'..."

Originally posted by cass:
Perfect timimg as always Mrs C. A friend just opened a 2nd hand CD/book store and will keep any u2ey stuff he finds for me. I totally went blank on the name of the book I want. Got it now.."the Bible" by Bill Flanagan;D

Just make sure that when you ask for it, you use the name "U2 At the End of the World." I don't think the publishing world recognizes it as the Bible.
wink.gif

-sula

Back
Top Bottom