U2 Best of 1990-2000 DVD Pic/Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POPMatt

The Fly
I found this exciting, although more money to shell out for a college student who has no money to shell out. :(

From U2tour.de:
best_of_dvd_low_res_jpeg.jpg

U2 "THE BEST OF 1990 ? 2000" - DVD
TRACKLISTING :
Even better than Real Thing
a) Godley Clip + Commentary
b) Smyth Dance Version Clip

Mysterious Ways
a) Sednaoui Video + Commentary
Beautiful Day
a) Akerlund Clip + Commentary
Electrical Storm
a) Video (Director?s Version: No Shower Scene) + Commentary
b) "Making Of" Documentary

One
a) One ? Anton Corbijn + Commentary
b) One ? Phil Joanou + Commentary
c) "A Story of One" - a combination edit of all the various "Makings of One" shot for and broadcast on Channel 4. The explanation as to why so many versions including maybe a previously unseen clip of the Buffalo + The Band version (Mark Pellingtons attempt to include the band with the buffalo)

Miss Sarajevo
a) Linnane Clip + Commentary
b) "Missing Sarajevo" - road to Sarajevo mini documentary. To be cut from footage gathered in the run up to and including performance footage from the concert in Sarajevo.

Stay (Faraway, So Close)
a) Wenders clip + Commentary
Stuck in a Moment
a) Kahn Clip + Commentary
b) Godley Clip + Commentary

Gone
a) Live from Popmart
Until the End of the World
a) Kevin Godley Special (Line from Zoo TV)
The Hands that Built America
a) Studio Video
Discotheque
a) Sednaoui Clip + Commentary
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
a) Godley/Linnane + Commentary
Staring at the Sun
a) Scott clip + Commentary
b) Steinberg

Numb
a) Godley Clip + Commentary
b) EBN version

The Fly
a) Smith/Klein ? Lounge Lizard Mix ? the original video had a musical intro featuring Bono interfering with the pedestrians down Soho way. It was a piece that TV stations could either include or not. Most didn?t. + Commentary (x2).
Bonus Tracks:
? Please
Anton Corbijn?s Version + Commentary
? If God Will Send His Angels
Phil Joanou + Commentary
? Wild Horses
Phil Joanou + Commentary
? Lemon
Mark Neale Version + Commentary
? Last Night on Earth
Richie Smyth Version + Commentary
? Mofo
Phunk Force Mix ? Linnane Version
? Ground Beneath Her Feet
Wim Wenders Version + Commentary

The article also mentioned that there will likely be some Easter Eggs on the DVD...

Last edited:
Looks good! Just wondering when they'll release the other volume 80-90 on DVD as well.

... or Sydney. :mad:

daisybean said:
Is that the DVD that comes with the Best of CD? Or is this something new?

This is the one that is due out on December 5th (I believe that's the date). It is different than the one that comes with the Special 3 CD Edition of the Best of 1990-2000 that comes out in November.

DaveC said:
By "clip" do you mean it's not the full video?!?

If so, that would BLOW.

:mad: :censored: :madspit:

I think clip is just another term for video...it seems like I've seen U2 music videos listed as "clips" in the back of their biographies and stuff...

:up: This is so exciting! :happy:

Wow :drool: I'm really excited about this.

Has anyone else noticed all articles related to Best Of say "Wild Horses" instead of "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"? :huh: Weird.

Last edited:
Holy shit that looks incredibly sweet.

I'm very excited about TGBHF video as it's one of my favourites.

wertsie said:

Hmmm...I'm thinking it's the full version of the video they have on u2.com (of them recording in the studio).

I presume you think I meant The Hands That Built America, which would be THTBA...I was talking about TGBHF, which is The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

It's directed by Wim Wenders right?

Heh, I love saying that name...Wim Wenders. Heheh. :wink:

Originally posted by elevatedmole Has anyone else noticed all articles related to Best Of say "Wild Horses" instead of "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"? :huh: Weird. [/B]

Maybe they covered the Stones song and made a video for it without telling anyone. :)

pinkfloyd said:
no DaveC , wertsie was talking about The Ground Beneath Her Feet , full video by Wim Wenders , it's online www.U2.com , excellent quality , i must say .

:banghead: Oops...No, actually, DaveC's right...I was talking about Hands that Built America. My bad. :lmao:

Actually, I haven't seen the video for The Ground Beneath Her Feet either...must remedy this! :happy:

sindaddy said:
There's a video for MOFO? How come I've never heard of this?:eyebrow:

its not really a video. its basically just various clips taken from popmart thrown together. :)

i saw a weird video for one of the mofo remixes on mtv a loooooooong time ago. all i remember was space and stars. i swear i wasn't on anything at the time.

this collection should be considered the "true" best of....having all of these videos is tremendous.

Hello,

I had a good nights sleep over the news of the Best OF... DVD and came up with some remarks.

- The video for Gone has to show that the Popmart show is ready for DVD-release, quality wise. I thought that the 2 intros (for Zoo TV Sydney and Popmart Mexico) weren't that great on the Elevation video. Both looked quite 'soft' and did not have any of the crispness DVD video can have. Hopefully, it is improved now (because if not then I see no reason for U2 to release these 2 concerts on DVD as it will not add any benefits).

- I assume that the version of UTEOTW is a live version they shot for the Fox TV special in 1992. Cool! That would mean they still have that special (and the rights to it?), so it might surface one day on DVD (again, with the provision of having good quality video).

- Easter Eggs? I'm hoping for the video for Love Is Blindness as it at least completes the Numb video single (so it does not have to be released on DVD anymore (and I guess it probably never was going to be released on DVD).

C ya!

Marty (who's :drool:-ing again over the tracklist)

POPMatt said:

c) "A Story of One" - including maybe a previously unseen clip of the Buffalo + The Band version (Mark Pellingtons attempt to include the band with the buffalo)

I have seen that video.

Hey POPMATT!

Im wondering if you could tell me one thing about the DVD.....As several of my friends and myself are deaf (we can hear through our hearing aids) and that we absolutely love U2's music, we wonder if the DVD is subtitled for the songs?

You see, we were a bit peeved to see that Boston Live DVD wasnt subtitled whereas bands like RHCP, REM and so on has subtitles for the lyrics on it so we are praying that this new DVD will have subtitles....

As for the content though, its pretty comprehensive!!! Should keep us occupied for days, if not weeks! :D

cheers my dears!

dougal

bono_man said:

its not really a video. its basically just various clips taken from popmart thrown together. :)

Its a better video than the clips they threw together to create the Ground Beneath Her Feet video.

Unless of course there's another one I don't know about.

CrashedCarDriver said:
could do with 'Walk On' and 'Elevation' though

if 'Beautiful Day' is on the DVD surely the videos for those 2 songs should be on as well

Don't worry, those two will be on the next Best Of whenever it comes out... possibly a while from now.

The only video that I wish was on there is Love Is Blindness... one of U2's best (their best videos never get aired, have you noticed?)

JimmyChicken said:

Its a better video than the clips they threw together to create the Ground Beneath Her Feet video.

Unless of course there's another one I don't know about.

Are you kidding me?

I just watched that video 3 or 4 times in a row, and I was about to start a thread about how great it is. It's fucking beautiful. Sure a lot of stuff is lifted from the movie, but it works together to actually tell a story and go with the song. That and Please are the only reaaally emotionally affecting music videos I've seen. Plus it's the only U2 video with Mel Gibson in it.

The editing flows with the music purrrrfectly. If you think it was thrown together I should sure hope you're talking about a different version, though I only know of the one version from u2.com

Back
Top Bottom