U2 Best of 1990-2000 DVD Pic/Info - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2002, 12:16 AM   #21
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sindaddy
There's a video for MOFO? How come I've never heard of this?
its not really a video. its basically just various clips taken from popmart thrown together.

Old 10-03-2002, 12:29 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:48 AM
i saw a weird video for one of the mofo remixes on mtv a loooooooong time ago. all i remember was space and stars. i swear i wasn't on anything at the time.

Old 10-03-2002, 12:32 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:48 AM
this collection should be considered the "true" best of....having all of these videos is tremendous.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:07 AM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:48 PM
Hello,

I had a good nights sleep over the news of the Best OF... DVD and came up with some remarks.

- The video for Gone has to show that the Popmart show is ready for DVD-release, quality wise. I thought that the 2 intros (for Zoo TV Sydney and Popmart Mexico) weren't that great on the Elevation video. Both looked quite 'soft' and did not have any of the crispness DVD video can have. Hopefully, it is improved now (because if not then I see no reason for U2 to release these 2 concerts on DVD as it will not add any benefits).

- I assume that the version of UTEOTW is a live version they shot for the Fox TV special in 1992. Cool! That would mean they still have that special (and the rights to it?), so it might surface one day on DVD (again, with the provision of having good quality video).

- Easter Eggs? I'm hoping for the video for Love Is Blindness as it at least completes the Numb video single (so it does not have to be released on DVD anymore (and I guess it probably never was going to be released on DVD).

C ya!

Marty (who's -ing again over the tracklist)
Old 10-03-2002, 04:23 AM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 10:48 AM
Re: U2 Best of 1990-2000 DVD Pic/Info

Quote:
Originally posted by POPMatt

c) "A Story of One" - including maybe a previously unseen clip of the Buffalo + The Band version (Mark Pellingtons attempt to include the band with the buffalo)

I have seen that video.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:18 AM   #26
War Child

Hey POPMATT!

Im wondering if you could tell me one thing about the DVD.....As several of my friends and myself are deaf (we can hear through our hearing aids) and that we absolutely love U2's music, we wonder if the DVD is subtitled for the songs?

You see, we were a bit peeved to see that Boston Live DVD wasnt subtitled whereas bands like RHCP, REM and so on has subtitles for the lyrics on it so we are praying that this new DVD will have subtitles....

As for the content though, its pretty comprehensive!!! Should keep us occupied for days, if not weeks!

cheers my dears!

dougal
Old 10-03-2002, 08:29 AM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 09:48 PM
could do with 'Walk On' and 'Elevation' though

if 'Beautiful Day' is on the DVD surely the videos for those 2 songs should be on as well
Old 10-03-2002, 10:03 AM   #28
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man

its not really a video. its basically just various clips taken from popmart thrown together.
Its a better video than the clips they threw together to create the Ground Beneath Her Feet video.

Unless of course there's another one I don't know about.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:42 AM   #29
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver
could do with 'Walk On' and 'Elevation' though

if 'Beautiful Day' is on the DVD surely the videos for those 2 songs should be on as well
Don't worry, those two will be on the next Best Of whenever it comes out... possibly a while from now.

The only video that I wish was on there is Love Is Blindness... one of U2's best (their best videos never get aired, have you noticed?)
Old 10-03-2002, 11:46 AM   #30
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by JimmyChicken

Its a better video than the clips they threw together to create the Ground Beneath Her Feet video.

Unless of course there's another one I don't know about.
Are you kidding me?

I just watched that video 3 or 4 times in a row, and I was about to start a thread about how great it is. It's fucking beautiful. Sure a lot of stuff is lifted from the movie, but it works together to actually tell a story and go with the song. That and Please are the only reaaally emotionally affecting music videos I've seen. Plus it's the only U2 video with Mel Gibson in it.

The editing flows with the music purrrrfectly. If you think it was thrown together I should sure hope you're talking about a different version, though I only know of the one version from u2.com
Old 10-03-2002, 11:48 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SkeeK

The only video that I wish was on there is Love Is Blindness... one of U2's best (their best videos never get aired, have you noticed?)
Indeed , Love Is Blindness is a great video , It should be on Achtung Baby videos instead of Horrible Until The End Of The World , worst U2 video ever , ever done , even Football Stuck is better then this crap
Old 10-10-2002, 03:41 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by david
i saw a weird video for one of the mofo remixes on mtv a loooooooong time ago. all i remember was space and stars. i swear i wasn't on anything at the time.
Maybe that was MOFO (Phunk Force Mix)
Old 10-10-2002, 05:12 PM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 02:48 AM
crys WTF?

WHY WOULD THEY TAKE OUT THE SHOWER SCENE IN THE ELECTRICAL STORM VIDEO? WHY??????????? I see no logical explanation for this...

Old 10-10-2002, 06:49 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:48 AM
wohoooooooo Please is on there!!!
Old 10-14-2002, 08:00 PM   #35
The Fly

Local Time: 04:48 AM
One question whose answer is beyond me:
What really qualifies some of these songs to be 1990-2000? (I'm talking about the album right now)
The problem arises with ATYCLB era songs, Electrical Storm and THTBA

If we go by singles release:
Beautiful Day and Stuck can be on the best of
Elevation and Walk on can't. (DAMMIT!!!)
Though the album should have some singles promotion, Electrical Storm and THTBA were completed in 2002, their singles will be released in 2002, and despite the fact that they're gorgeous songs they DON'T qualify into the 90-00 rule. Why didn't they make it 90-02 and put 'em all on?

And what in the HELL is up with that bonus disc?