U2 best band ever? I think Yea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, at a U2 fansite may be some bias but for what it's worth i've listened to alot of music in my young life and their's is the best. It means so much, sounds so good, is really bloody cool and well it's the best.............. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DERn DER dERn de Dern DERne

WIONG du du lu du lu lu

What song is that btw? Go on have a guess

ZeroDude said:
Ok, at a U2 fansite may be some bias but for what it's worth i've listened to alot of music in my young life and their's is the best. It means so much, sounds so good, is really bloody cool and well it's the best.............. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DERn DER dERn de Dern DERne

WIONG du du lu du lu lu

What song is that btw? Go on have a guess

if you're trying to transliterate musical instruments into english i'd say thats Until The End Of The World

Re: Re: U2 best band ever? I think Yea

bcrt2000 said:

if you're trying to transliterate musical instruments into english i'd say thats Until The End Of The World

Wow! I would never have figured that out. Nice job!

NO!!!

I'll start earlier... fainter..

chica chica chica chica bwaaaaoooo

doon doon de doon doo
doon doon de doon doo
doon doon de doon doo
doon de de doon doon

I don't think U2 is the greatest band ever, but it depends on how you define "great". It's all a matter of personal choice, but for me the top 5 are:

1. The Beatles
2. Led Zepplin
3. U2
4. Queen
5. The Yardbirds

But as far as the band I like BEST, that would be U2, closely followed by Zepplin.

doon doon de doon doo
doon doon de doon doo
doon doon de doon doo
doon de de doon doon

Is The Fly? right gott to be

AussieU2fanman said:
Zepplin? not even CLOSE to becoming better than U2. (objectively and subjectively)
Personal taste is like the ass - it's divided. I rate Zepplin as a "greater" band because of a couple things, basically starting a new genre of music, 3 of the most talented musicians in their respective instruments (whereas U2 is 4 talented individuals who together are one of the greatest bands), and a certain "mystique" about them. Anyway, as I said, it's all personal taste, and the important thing is just to listen to what you like and enjoy it :)

EDIT: Also, "greater", "better" are all subjective really. I mean, you can debate things like "spirited" and "technically skilled" but "best" is kind of hard to define.

Last edited:
Yea but U2 have better tunes than Zeppelin( aren't about the songs as much ) eh? Do ya think?

Yep mostly I agree with you. Zepplin has some amazing tunes, but U2's best is far more emotional and beautiful. One of the reason I like U2 better is because I can simply sing the songs, lol, I can't exactly do whatever Robert Plant does when he sings.

Last edited:
Exactly :wink: The important thing is that you listen to whatever you like, and if you find others who like the same kinda music, hang out with them :wink:

intedomine said:
Possibly the best, but they will never be called the greatest.

... unless their next album changes the face of music.

Re: Re: U2 best band ever? I think Yea

bcrt2000 said:

wow, you should work for national security or something.

and i agree U2 can be considered the best. take HTDAAB, its been over 20 years since their first single and their putting out records that are actually good and selling out shows. give me another band thats been around as long as u2 that does/did that.

Last edited:
UnforgettableLemon said:
NO!!!

doon doon de doon doo
doon doon de doon doo
doon doon de doon doo
doon de de doon doon

I think it's the beginning of Until the End of the World, and the one posted earlier was the solo at the end.

And yes, U2 is the greatest band ever in my opinion. The pure joy I get from listening to them cannot be produced by any other band. I don't know if U2 has or ever will change the face of music like The Beatles did, but they sure changed my life.

ZeroDude said:

:up: :up: :up: :up:

I think U2 would need at least three more "masterpiece" albums to get to around the no.2 position..

The Beatles have: Rubber Soul, Revolver, Abbey Road, White Album and Sgt. Pepper.

U2 have Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree ( I haven't heard HTDAAB yet) and plus The Beatles have the aspect of totally redefining music as well...still I hope U2 go for broke in their latter years to make classics, and judging by the reviews of HTDAAB, they are doing just that.

U2 have done well for the era they were placed in. If U2 came out in the 1960s its my firm belief that they would have went head to head with The Beatles and made it a lot more interesting, but this is a discussion that is like comparing apples to oranges.

In my mind U2 is the greatest band ever, who has explored the widest variety of music that they could have explored and they should be ranked very high among all time lists whether people are fans or not.

I think they have three masterpieces. JT, AB and ATYCLB.
ATYCLB won four grammies for four individual songs, including two for Best Record the Year. And there are other songs on that album that are better, like Kite, Peace on Earth and When I Look At the World. Grace is a great song to end the album. It is such a soothing and beautiful song.

I haven't heard HTDAAB yet, but I have been hearing it's better than ATYCLB. All I have to say to that is: WOW

I forgot about War.

War is a great album. I mean, they were 22, 23 years old and writing songs about war, while most bands and singers their age were writing pop songs.

And then they write a tribute song to Martin Luther King. Nobody ever wrote a tribute song to MLK. They did this in 1984, when you had pop stars like Madonna, Michael Jackson and Prince. Then during the hair bands era, they come out with JT. U2 didn't care if they were "uncool" back then. They wrote songs that they felt needed to be expressed and performed.

U2 is the greatest band ever. There is no argument.

Windmilllane said:
I think they have three masterpieces. JT, AB and ATYCLB.
ATYCLB won four grammies for four individual songs, including two for Best Record the Year. And there are other songs on that album that are better, like Kite, Peace on Earth and When I Look At the World. Grace is a great song to end the album. It is such a soothing and beautiful song.

I haven't heard HTDAAB yet, but I have been hearing it's better than ATYCLB. All I have to say to that is: WOW

Umm, I have already forgotten about ATYCLB. I guess HTDAAB is just that good for me. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom