U2 beleben ab November mit einer "Best Of 1991 - 2001" das Weihnachtsgesch?ft.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, since the freak didn't translate it for us, and I don't speak German or whatever language it is in, here's an Altavista Babel translation:

On the page ' courier of the on-line one ' becomes in the article " 2002: " it reports the new albums of the Popstars that U2 in November 2002 the album " Best OF 1991 - 2001 will publish ". Here gehts to the complete listing!

Maybe foray or one of the other German U2 fans could help us out?

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
i hope this is wrong

why?

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Well, from what I can read (I don't speak German either), The Best Of 1991-2001 will be released around October. I hope they won't do it like that, because the ATYCLB tracks should not be included as part of a 90s U2 set, IMO. It just wouldn't fit. But we'll see if this rumor holds any truth. If so, we may not see a new studio album until mid- to late-2003.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Let me try and translate: (yes, this is German language indeed)

The title of the topic says

"U2 revive the Christmas shopping time in November with a Best of 1991 - 2001."

Translation for the link:

An article "2002: new albums of popstars" on the website from Kurier (an Austrian newspaper) Online reports that U2 will release a Best of 1991 - 2001 album. Click here for the complete list of albums.

(the www.kurier.at link, when the site opens, click on "kultur"-meaning culture- link. then go to "musik" -music -, where you'll find the article. however, all it says about U2 is already summed up in the title of the topic)

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 01-15-2002).]

i hope it is wrong because it is far, far too soon to be releasing a best of (given it took them eight years to do the last one) and it means there won't be an album this year.

Best Of 1980-1990 covered U2's first 10 years. It is only logical that U2's next Best Of, 1991-2001, cover the next 10 years. For people that suggest that the "new" U2 (that is to say the sound of "All That...") should not be included with the 90's U2, try examining the diverse contents of the first Best Of. War songs mixed with Rattle and Hum songs are not exactly what you would call fitting. Yet, the package as a whole comes together well. As for "90's" U2, what exactly is that? Achtung Baby is not Pop as much as Boy is not Rattle and Hum. What you see and hear is the evolution of U2. In that light, All That... deserves to be on the next Best Of.
For those that believe that this is not the time to be releasing the next Best Of. Pick this one up in ten years when it is fitting for you to do so. I take any U2 release on its first day of its release.
For those of you that believe that this spells no album of new material to be released this year. Where did you read that in the translation? If there is one thing about U2 that you should know, it is that U2 knows no rules. There is nothing stopping them from releasing a new album this spring or summer. Not only that, but this new "Best Of" has yet to be officially announced.
There might be a new Best Of. There might be a new album. There might just be nothing this year. We should be celebrating with joy with the news of any U2 release, regardless of its format. Instead, what do we do here? Get all picky.

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:
Best Of 1980-1990 covered U2's first 10 years. It is only logical that U2's next Best Of, 1991-2001, cover the next 10 years. For people that suggest that the "new" U2 (that is to say the sound of "All That...") should not be included with the 90's U2, try examining the diverse contents of the first Best Of. War songs mixed with Rattle and Hum songs are not exactly what you would call fitting. Yet, the package as a whole comes together well. As for "90's" U2, what exactly is that? Achtung Baby is not Pop as much as Boy is not Rattle and Hum. What you see and hear is the evolution of U2. In that light, All That... deserves to be on the next Best Of.
For those that believe that this is not the time to be releasing the next Best Of. Pick this one up in ten years when it is fitting for you to do so. I take any U2 release on its first day of its release.
For those of you that believe that this spells no album of new material to be released this year. Where did you read that in the translation? If there is one thing about U2 that you should know, it is that U2 knows no rules. There is nothing stopping them from releasing a new album this spring or summer. Not only that, but this new "Best Of" has yet to be officially announced.
There might be a new Best Of. There might be a new album. There might just be nothing this year. We should be celebrating with joy with the news of any U2 release, regardless of its format. Instead, what do we do here? Get all picky.

Exactly!

------------------

No that's President YANNI.

....YANNI

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
i hope it is wrong because it is far, far too soon to be releasing a best of (given it took them eight years to do the last one) and it means there won't be an album this year.

Ditto, my exact thoughts when I read this last night at the U2LA group.

*smacks head

It doesn't mean that there won't be a new album!

------------------

With the assumption that: 1)2 fan faves will make the cut 2)all three Zooropa video songs will be on the album and 3)Pop will get four songs, this is my list. It is 17 songs, and since the Japanese version of 80-90 has One Tree Hill and October is still a hidden(making 16 songs total), 17 is nearly believable.(though I feel TGBHF won't make it) Also, I have decided to relocate Bono's pick, Your Blue Room, to the B-Sides disc, as it is a b-side. Miss Sarajevo I am not putting on either disc, as it is not 'technically' a U2 release, whereas YBR was a b-side to SATS. With all of this in mind, and a heavy elevation setlist influence, here's my list:

1 Elevation (TR mix)
2 Beautiful Day
3 Until the End of the World
4 Discotheque
5 Gone (reworked with Edge's backup)
6 Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of
7 Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
8 Staring at the Sun
9 The Ground Beneath Her Feet
10 Please (single version)
11 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
12 Numb
13 Lemon
14 Mysterious Ways
15 The Fly
16 One
17 Walk On (Godrich Mix)

b-sides to come

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 01-21-2002).]

annnnnnnnd the b-sides. I had room on the disc for another song, but since I doubt they're even gonna put as many as I have listed here on, if they even do a b-disc, I'm leaving it at 19.

1 Salome
2 Always
3 Lady With the Spinning Head
4 Big Girls are Best
5 Happiness is a Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)
6 Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk
7 Fortunate Son
8 Satellite of Love
9 Night and Day (Steel Strings mix)
10 Don't Take Your Guns to Town
11 Where Did it All Go Wrong
12 Paint it Black
13 Summer Rain
14 Slow Dancing (w/ Willie)
15 Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
16 Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
17 I Remember You
18 Your Blue Room
19 North and South of the River

I think if they should put ATYCLB tracks on it. I mean - it is best of 1991-2001. That would make one helluva best of cd, lemme tell ya. I think U2 knows what they're doing.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Originally posted by Zoocifer:
I think if they should put ATYCLB tracks on it. I mean - it is best of 1991-2001. That would make one helluva best of cd, lemme tell ya. I think U2 knows what they're doing.

~z~

Fuck ! , i hope LNOE or atleast Mofo will make it to Video best 1991-2001 , i still think they should release 1991-2000 instead ,

I need a new Best Of. I just got a new car with a CD player and I'm already getting all confused about where my CDs are--in the car or in the house. Bring on the Best Of--it will live in my car and I can save a lot of energy that can best be used in being confused about other things.

Back
Top Bottom