U2 babies - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:14 PM
U2 babies

who here has gone to a U2 concert pregnant or taken their baby (5 years or so) to a U2 concert and how did they like it.

Old 06-22-2004, 12:26 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 02:14 PM
Re: U2 babies

Quote:
Originally posted by isabelle_guns
who here has gone to a U2 concert pregnant or taken their baby (5 years or so) to a U2 concert and how did they like it.
I didn't go to the Elevation concert precisely because I was pregnant. Babies in utero can hear outside noises, including music, and I would think that the volume of a rock concert could damage the baby's developing hearing.

I've done the next best thing, though; I show my little boy various U2 videos. He definitely seems to enjoy them, watching them in rapt attention!

Old 06-22-2004, 12:44 AM   #3
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:14 AM
I know someone who went to ZooTV when they were three ... they don't remember much of it, though.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-22-2004, 02:01 AM   #4
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:14 PM
My kids are young: 8, 6 and 4 1/2.

I think they are too young to attend a U2 concert.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:47 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:14 PM
i won't take my baby (to be born in september) to a rock concert - anything could happen with large crowds and loud music. I will play U2 cds and dvds on a daily basis though when the baby is born. i may even give it a UF Bono mullet - lollolol - kidding
Old 06-22-2004, 12:54 PM   #6
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:14 PM
I took my wife to Popmart (RFK Stadium, Wash DC) when she was 7 months pregnant with my first daughter. Unless your going to a heavy metal show, I don't think you have a great deal to worry about. My wife is extremely cautious about this kinda thing too, I know she asked her doc about going beforehand.

Worked out great for me, I got to party down since she was the designated driver.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:55 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:14 PM
My kids have cried at the July 4th fireworks, or if our home stereo was up too loud. I'd never waste a concert ticket on them yet.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:12 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:14 PM
I loved the JT album when I was five, and my parents would play it for me in the car, whenever we went anywhere. Apparently, I was well behaved only when it was on. However, I personally don't think a rock concert is the right place for children, even if they like the music. Personally, I was scared of loud noises, like a lot of kids are. My parents took me to see fireworks, and to this day, I'm still afraid of them. Putting aside tramatizing the kids, what about the other people at the show? I wouldn't care, but there are people in the world who would not appreciate it.

As far as going to a concert while pregnant, I would ask my doctor if it was okay.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:57 AM   #9
Babyface

Local Time: 04:14 PM
My first U2 concert was when I was four, it was over 16 years ago and I still have vivid memories of it.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank my parents for having the good judgement to take me to the show and for making me a U2 fan from birth.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:15 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 AM
I havent been to a U2 concert pregnant but I have been to a Youssou N'Dour concert pregnant. He had 4 drummers. As did the support band that played before him.

The baby kicked along with all of them. I couldnt breath and Im sure I had internal bruising for weeks afterwards.

I wouldnt recommend it unless you were going to see some kind of peaceful new age dolphin/waterfall music band.

My near 4 year old sticks her fingers in her ears and crys if the noises at the shopping centre get too loud so theres no way I would pay money to take her to a concert. Not until shes bigger.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:01 PM   #11
The Fly

Location: Holland, one and a half hour flying from "Bubblin' Dublin"
Local Time: 11:14 PM
I was pregnant for 36 weeks at the popmart tour. When the music was loud, she was very silet and did not move, when the were playing soft music,she began to play and I could her feel moving. Her name is Fiona