U2 at Rock n Roll HOF.... no cameras :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earnd193

Babyface
Leave that film at home...... I found this on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Website. This really sucks!!!

-----
Can I take pictures at the Museum?
Many of the artists who have generously loaned or donated artifacts to the Museum have stipulated that these items are not to be photographed or reproduced in any way. Due to our agreements with these artists, photography and video are allowed only in the Museum Lobby. Cameras should be left at the coat and camera checkroom on the Museum's Ground Level.

When I was little, and my family would go on vacation, we'd always end up seeing all this pretty stuff when we had no camera...so Mom would always say "Take a picture in your mind!", and we'd pretend to take pictures with invisible cameras.

Think people would stare at me funny if I did that now? :shifty:

Yeah, I was disappointed to find that out the first time I went there. They treat the place like a museum, and, obviously, you're not allowed to take pictures at an art museum. You can take pictures of the trabants hanging in the front of the museum, though.

Yeah, if they see you with one they will make you leave it outside the museum. They give you a ticket to go pick it up afterward. They say some rock stars who donated stuff don't want it photographed but I think they think if you can show pics to your friends they'll be less likely to come:grumpy: tightwads.

EMP in Seattle is the same way. No pictures, however they sell a great book for $20 so I bought that and was happy.

(BTW the Getty Museum in Los Angeles has no problems with cameras (just no flashes) and they have art work there that is $$$$

is it just me, or do you guys think that the guys wouldn't mind if we took pictures? to me..they just seem more laid back than most "rock stars"...

well, i'm still going...so they won...

I don't see why they won't let people take in cameras. I mean, I live nowhere near the place, so I can't visit it. However, if someone could post pics on the web, I'd actually be able to see it. I mean, either way, there's no way the Hall of Fame will get my money, so why not let more people see it then?

BTW, if I did leave in Cleveland, I'd definitely go see it (even if I had seen pictures previously). Seeing those handwritten lyrics is almost like a religious experience.

They won't let pictures because they think there's a much greater chance of people from far away travelling to actually go into the musem if they haven't seen what is in the display. They're quite possibly right for a lot of people... not me though because I won't go either way. However I'd want to go less if I could see what was inside without actually going there.

does anyone know if the museum is putting a souvenir book for the exhibit? it would probably cost $30 or $40 but I would buy one.

sharky said:
does anyone know if the museum is putting a souvenir book for the exhibit? it would probably cost $30 or $40 but I would buy one.

I was going to mention that. Usually museums (at least every one I've ever been to) sell souvenir books, especially of special exhibits. I'm sure they'll do that for this one because it's a major exhibit... I mean, it takes up four floors of the museum for a majority of the year.

I would look for a souvenir book... and maybe someone would be willing to buy a couple to distribute :)

I will be there for the opening weekend, man would I love a booklet of some sort.......

I sure hope its not 30-40 bucks though!

I would probably still get it...:|

Back
Top Bottom