U2 at Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dabiggestu2fan said:
Glad you think its funny lemmon! But I don't find it amusing when i just spent an hour reading through this fucking thread right after a long day at work when I should be sleeping since I have to get up at 5 am for my other job. You may not have a life but I do and this is just a waste of time!

Its because of that type of response that makes me want to leave this forum altogether!

I strongly second that. Hope the Mods take a look at this kind of thing. I'm all for a joke and have been right in the middle of many crazy topics, but we never put on the image of something real happening and duping other users. I realized tonight after wasting my time that I don't need this. I don't know when certain members became more important and powerful than even the mods. They don't even seem to care. Place is 'goin to shit.

I think this board is starting to get out of control.
With this and the obviously fake Tour Wiki posts is going to not only confuse but also anger people.
On most other boards if people post fake news or similar they are not allowed to continue.

The mods should do their job and at the very least edit the topic of the post and put "Spoof" or "Fake" in front of this.

Lucky for me I came in late and read the last page. MODs should get this forum back under control.

How is it possible to be confused by these threads? Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein????? You people must be shitting me. Bono probably has no idea where or what the place is, let alone having a desire to play Heartland there. Come on, now. And people were fooled by the fake wikis? How? How? HOW?!?!? There was a thread designated for the purpose of coming up with material for it. It's your own fault for not having an idea of the context in which these threads were made, because it's right in front of your face, people! Times are hard; we all need to cope somehow.

mofo82 said:
Now, you orchestrate this childish bullshit. Here, I was apologizing to somebody who I thought wouldn't ever pull this, and keep perpetuating it.

Harsh?

The only thing this accomplished was disappointment and erasing any credibility the original posters had. I thought Axver was cool. Oh well. I won't lose any sleep over it. But yeah, mods do something please...

Woah. It's really no big deal. Everyone's having some fun. Chillax. You can't possibly get angry at Axver and co for making this thread. If some people didn't figure out it was fake, that's their problem. There is nothing wrong with this thread at all.

LemonMelon said:
How is it possible to be confused by these threads? Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein????? You people must be shitting me. Bono probably has no idea where or what the place is, let alone having a desire to play Heartland there. Come on, now. And people were fooled by the fake wikis? How? How? HOW?!?!? There was a thread designated for the purpose of coming up with material for it. It's your own fault for not having an idea of the context in which these threads were made, because it's right in front of your face, people! Times are hard; we all need to cope somehow.

Agree 100% :up: :up:

The mods don't need to do anything, because noone did anything wrong. Just because you didn't realise it was fake.

hey, i got fooled. then i cried. you don't see me bitching? frag off if you can't enjoy a joke. perhaps you would prefer threads that go on and on bashing an album, era or u2 sound?
what did 90's u2 teach us? learn to laugh at yourselves or everyone will do it for you.

1-5.jpg

LemonMelon said:

Some people are just babies. "They took away my toy! Now I'm gonna wine."

Grow up, people.

This was fun to read through.

There's subfourms this stuff belongs. People come to "Everything you know is wrong" for news and ideas, not fiction. I would laugh if it was understood what is was.

For the record, I was duped by the thread myself for about .05 seconds, but even when I found out was fake, there wasn't anything in particular to be angry about. I applaud the cleverness it took to put this together.

A better question for some of you would be why you let yourselves become so invested in something that it stirs you to anger when it's taken away from you.

mofo82 said:
There's subfourms this stuff belongs. People come to "Everything you know is wrong" for news and ideas, not fiction. I would laugh if it was understood what is was.

But if it was in Dream Out Loud then no one would have come across it would they??

I was duped as well for about 30 seconds.

No harm done.

COBL_04 said:

I was duped as well for about 30 seconds.

No harm done.

Me too.

God, people need to learn to laugh at themselves.

I know we're all haning out for a new album and its getting pretty desperate ... but come on, lighten up!!

This already has its own thread, but it should probably be in here too. This apology is from those of us involved who are still online.

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken personal offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver (lead setlist designer), coolian2, the tourist (who had the original idea), Varitek

(We assume the others involved have gone to bed and are not around to endorse.)

Last edited:
Axver said:
This already has its own thread, but it should probably be in here too. This apology is from those of us involved who are still online.

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken personal offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver (lead setlist designer), coolian2, the tourist (who had the original idea), Varitek

(We assume the others involved have gone to bed and are not around to endorse.)
ihbo01rv7.jpg

coolian2 said:
We probably couldn't hear it through the source, it must have been in Bad.

I thought it was in Flower Child. It might've just been some fan singing it though, cuz I think I heard it in Walk On, too.

Varitek said:
They played it, they just changed the lyrics to "Edge is gonna burn your house down."

You sure it wasn't "Edge is gonna burn mofo's house down"?

the tourist said:

You sure it wasn't "Edge is gonna burn mofo's house down"?

As far as I heard, it was "Axver ran over mofo's dog, burned his house down, and then made a thread about it"

LemonMelon said:

As far as I heard, it was "Axver ran over mofo's dog, burned his house down, and then made a thread about it"

Ohhhhhhh! So it's a country song!

Reptile347 said:
The mods should do their job and at the very least edit the topic of the post and put "Spoof" or "Fake" in front of this.

Lucky for me I came in late and read the last page. MODs should get this forum back under control.

Hey guess what! The mods cant be everywhere all the time! Especially given the time of this thread. Instead of sitting here bitching about the mods, why dont you do YOUR job by clicking the 'report this post to moderator' link and this would have been taken care of already.

To the rest of you involved with this, I understand having a joke and a laugh and what not but these kinds of threads just upset people and cause chaos so they will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom