U2 Art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Well, some of you may remember way back when I posted that thread about doing paintings inspired by U2 songs.. and then about a little over a week ago I posted my painting of Bullet the Blue Sky. Well last night the OAC (that's what we backwards ontarians call grade 13, because we actually have one here until next year) Art Show opened, and my work got displayed for all to see.

And like the good samaritan I am, I had my brother take some pictures... they're pretty big, so be patient. Unfortuantely the one of MoTD has a lot of glare on it.

Each painting represents a different song... but i'll let you folks use your cunning to figure out which is which.

Pictures will be arriving shortly.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 01-17-2002).]

P1160004.JPG

P1160005.JPG

P1160007.JPG

P1160009.JPG

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 01-17-2002).]

Wow, awesome job!!!!

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Wow, those are great Skeek!
I think I see BTBS, MOTD, RTSS and SATS.

Right, except there's no SATS, it's actually WTSHNN, which i've decided is not at all about streets.

Rock on Skeek! The style of some your paintings remind me of a late illustrator by the name of Julian Allen. Particularly the color scheme you used on Bad and the way you layout the composition, almost like in "Death of Todd Clark" by Allen. (I'll scan and email you the pic so you can see what I'm blabbing bout). Nice job!

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Right, except there's no SATS, it's actually WTSHNN, which i've decided is not at all about streets.

Skeek,baby!!
I was excited to look at these at last. Those are fantastic -- gotta be so gratifying, I hope. And on behalf of U2-folk everywhere, we're PROUD of ya!
biggrin.gif

But why isn't it about Streets?? I love the heat of the colours in it, BTW, and it totally gives me a Streets hit. Nice line work. And Bullet -- wow. All that "wet" colour, and you mangaed to keep the hues clean... until they fall into the "mud" below. I love it.
RTSS: nice move, the silhouette of (to us
wink.gif
) Bono "shooting up." And yes, I see the seven towers...

I'm observing Skeek Day at Interference today.
biggrin.gif

*stonned*

Wow!! Amazing!!

They are just beautiful! I'm not much into art but these really catched my look.
Thanks for sharing!!

The winner of the "Excellent Individual Work" Award was none other than Bullet the Blue Sky

Excellent! There's definitely some talent there. Hope the rest of your class enjoyed it as much as we did.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing your work with us!!!

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Very beautiful SkeeK, congratulations. Bullet the Blue Sky is my fave.
smile.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Congratulations!

They look fantastic. BTBS and MOTD are my favourites.
smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

Today in class we voted on 5 awards for the art show that will be awarded at commencement along with a $50 dollar prize.

The winner of the "Excellent Individual Work" Award was none other than Bullet the Blue Sky

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 01-18-2002).]

SkeeK, this last one...Running to Stand Still, right? It?s great, I loved it. Look at that expression...sad and kinda anxious, it really captures the mood of the song...and even the 7 towers of Ballymun (spelling?)are there. Congrats again. You?re really talented.

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Originally posted by +Laura+:
1) Even Better than the real thing (??)

2) Sunday Bloody Sunday

3) Mothers of Disappeared

4) Running to Stand Still ( like follower said
smile.gif
)

And Skeek, you are indeed a great artist!!! Very very talented!! Congrats!
smile.gif

The big yellowy one is actually Where The Streets Have No Name.

The one that looks like it might be Sunday Bloody Sunday is actually supposed to be Please... but in my opinion, while I like the painting, I'm not entirely pleased (haHA) with how it represents the song.

The big yellowy one is actually Where The Streets Have No Name.

The one that looks like it might be Sunday Bloody Sunday is actually supposed to be Please... but in my opinion, while I like the painting, I'm not entirely pleased (haHA) with how it represents the song.

oh lol
Well it still looks great! I thought this painting was SBS because of the dead streets in the back ground of the scene

shit.. my page seems to be dead.. I'll have to try and fix the pics

Back
Top Bottom