U2 are making the new video "Hands that build America"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
At least that's what the teletext says - and the song will be a part of the new Best of.

I wonder if this video will be completely different from the clip? I liked that studio view, but maybe they only did a clip of it and don't want the video to look like it.

is there anywhere where you can hear the entire song and not just a 30 second clip. i'm just dying to hear it

Cool!!!

U2Girl.. and any of you who find a news blurb about the video...

PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can run the story. :)

Thanks! :angel:

Re: Cool!!!

HelloAngel said:
U2Girl.. and any of you who find a news blurb about the video...

PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can run the story. :)

Thanks! :angel:

No problem. Right now I don't know anything and haven't seen any news on this. But I'm not in any position to get news first anyway---not out in this hole of the woods. :no: :no:

MonaVox said:
[color=royal blue]Where'd ye read this?[/color]

The teletext of German TV station called VIVA II (sort of German version of MTV type of channel.)

No problem HelloAngel, i was actually considering PMing or emailing you but i thought "nah, more people will notice it here in EYKIW."

Sorry. Will do it next time. :)

Ahhh! I can't wait!

You know, I really like the studio clip on u2.com. I love videos that are simple like that, with just the four guys playing in a room together.

wertsie said:
Ahhh! I can't wait!

You know, I really like the studio clip on u2.com. I love videos that are simple like that, with just the four guys playing in a room together.

Me too. That's why I hope the new video is like that and not something else.

NicaMom said:
I think it will probably inlude footage from the movie...We might see the boys in old fashion clothes!:wink:
Thanks for the info U2girl!

:yes: That would be cool too...

They could intersperse (sp?) movie clips with shots of them just playing together.

That would be my *dream* video!

gony.jpg

They kind of got big heads.:lol:

wertsie said:
God help us if we get another Elevation.

typhoon said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, I think I've only seen that video in its entirety once!

Totally random...but when I turned on VH1 this morning, it was Bono with The Corrs singing "When the Stars Go Blue"! :happy:

So of course I had to get my mom out there to see it, since she never had before. She liked it a lot too.

:huh: Sorry about that. Feeling slightly random tonight.

typhoon said:

Oooh..I guess we'd better not read too much into one photograph. It was reported in the press that the band did not like the Elevation video, so I wouldn't worry about another one. I agree, not their best video.

verte76 said:

Oooh..I guess we'd better not read too much into one photograph. It was reported in the press that the band did not like the Elevation video, so I wouldn't worry about another one. I agree, not their best video.

Really? What did they say about it?

wertsie said:

Really? What did they say about it?

I don't remember the particulars. But I saw an article somewhere--I forget where, dammit---that was headlined "U2 is supposedly disappointed with 'Elevation' video" and that a nerve-wracking incident had occurred during filming. Apparently some big time fans had spotted Bono during the filming, they tried to get onto the set and he freaked out. That wasn't in the script. But I don't know how reliable that "report" was since I can't remember the source.

Do you know if they are filming in Germany? Otherwise it's a bit funny that Viva would be the first to report on it, but cool nonetheless. Oh and I agree with the elevation video but I thought U.S. stuck was worst, much worst.

I wasn't thinking about a video ala-Elevation but something like clips from the movie and clips of U2 just playing music, something simple.

Just in case someone thinks the pic I posted it real, I Photoshopped it.
It's really from the movie but I added the boys' heads, sorry about any confusion.:)

I've been in Dublin recently and someone (I don't know his name) said that U2 were filming a video there. So... I don't know if it's in relation to the Best Of or anything... but it's possible

Back
Top Bottom