U2 are a disgrace.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"t's no different from seeing any oldies act."

I couldn't disagree with you more! Haven't you been listening????

Last edited:
Originally posted by Val
Please, find another band to follow and leave us solid U2 fans in peace!

Originally posted by yimou
Shit remark,,,, let the guy / girl or whatever blow off some steam.

Your right in everyone should be able to voice their opinion, but to say things as Bono is a wanker and U2.com ripped us off is just going a bit far for a an site IMHO. I think they're shit remarks

Last edited:
This isn't an apology?
"U2 Apologizes for Site's Ticket Sale Debacle -- Chicago Tribune*
What do some of you want, blood? How about they cancel the entire f'ing tour untill they can figure out a way to make everyone happy. Shit happens, but no one wants the shit to happen to them. This is something that is happening NOW.
Changes are going to be made because of this U2 tour. Change is always difficult. This is the time, and it's happening and it's distressing to some. But ultimately the music industy will have to implement some changes.
But no doubt about it, U2 will have a big part in it.
The demand for this tour is phenomenal. This is the way it is!
and just for the record, if you think it's easy for me to say, since I am sitting on GA tickets or some shit like that. Forget it. I'm not even able to make it to the first leg and the 3rd leg is still 'iffy!.
Not buying multiple tickets to shows by people who are following U2 will not make a bloody bit difference to people who haven't or won't been able to see U2.

It's the luck of the draw. And it's much bigger than any of of can imagin. As much as alot of you wan't to be the experts, you don't have a clue of what it takes to throw a tour of this magnitued. Forget the Stones, Madonna and the past - wtf ever. When change is needed - it take someone to make it happen.
Some of these post are the most self centered and absurd post I have ever read. Considering this site is as popular as it is just adds fodder for those who want to bash U2, or at least, get the dish on the bitching fans so they can get some kind of press from the negativity.
I've seen some of the worst remarks that can be said about U2 only to have it turn around after these people got tickets.

Call me a blind follower or a sheep, think I care? Baaaaaashit. I don't need anyone to approve or agree with my opinion or love for U2 or their music.
Even if I don't get to see them on this tour, it doesn't change a thing. It's just the way it is.
Get over it!!
But, I will be looking for them when/if they come to Atlanta or there abouts - next fall.:wink:
This has been building up for several days,
Now I've had my say/:rant:

SHUT UP---dont go if your that pissed off----they are the biggest and best band in the world---what do you expect to log onto ticketmaster and get prime seats---do you want bono to come to your house and hand you front row seats because you've been a fan for sooooo long---get real---its the nature of the situation----there is no resolution to this issue---they have given us multiple ways to get tickets and its all just a crap shoot----roll the dice and hope you get seats---its been this way for years--if you wanna get pissed then dont go---its the people that are complaining that are ruining the whole atmosphere of the tour thats about to happen----to everyone else---enjoy!!!

I've gone from getting pissed off at people who call U2 "money grubbing whores" and have to shout out to everyone that they have "lost respect for U2" because of this whole presale thing, to just feeling sorry for them. But then again, I love U2, have been a HUGE - HUGE fan for 20+ years so obviously I'm a "blind follower".

U2 does not get $40 from every U2.com member, nor was this, most likely U2's charge at all. FanFire is the one who is setting up the charge and the so-called service. U2.com for their part must now provide a certain amount of "paid members only" content. Motley Crue just went from a free-site to a "$40" site in cahoots with.....FanFire.

FanFire see's probably half of the $40. $5 to $10 most likely goes to U2.com's developers and the $5 probably goes to cover any overhead that the site might leave. And then the final $5 to $10 is divided into the U2 Kingdom.

Yes, PM and CC and TM put together a ticket policy, which PM probably believed allowed the most fans the opportunity to see the U2 show, without U2 having to tour for 2 to 3 years. So we might only see 8 tickets, and yet Scott and Susie who are fans, just not fanatics can see the show too.

It's real easy right now to rail against U2, especially with (what it seems to) newer users who may not really be fans, fanning the flames all over Interference and the Internet for that matter. The good thing about the Internet is you can bitch and whine and moan about how U2 ripped you off and you'll never see them again, yet still go to the show without anyone here ever knowing.

Have fun! :wink:

if he wants to air his grievances he can...we need to stop defending the band at all costs---they are answerable

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 are a disgrace.

U2girl said:

I still don't see why any side feels the need to scream, going or not. Pages after pages, side after side...all over the forum. :huh: it's getting crazy.

Your use of "principles" line made me, as someone who might see them, feel like you were suggesting those who go didn't have principles. :shrug: My bad.

You'll never know if anything will top Slane unless you try :wink:
I really hope you still like U2's music, despite your anger since the pre-sale mess.

I'm not angry about this pre-sale mess, over the past few months I've came to a conclusion about U2 (and I have liked them for about 7/8 years) and I stick by what I think even if some people don't agree with what I'm thinking, what I meant with my principles remark. I don't understand why the original poster is saying how much they hate U2 etc but on the otherhand wants to see them live. It's just a bit confusing.

:)

Back
Top Bottom