U2 and Videos + ATYCLB = Clever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Ok, I couldn't resist posting this. I may be a little behind because I was away. Forgive me for I was chasing some band around Ireland...

Anyway, I have seen the new video for "Stuck in a Moment" and after a couple times watching it I have come to the conclusion that it is bloody brilliant. Super clever. Is it just me, or is U2 really trying this time round with videos for ATYCLB? Ok, ok, I know a lot of you hated Elevation and even more of you probably dislike Walk On. But I LOVED them all. Beautiful Day was great and unlike any other U2 video. It really fit the song. Enter Walk On. Simple, beautiful again. I think it was perfect. Elevation- fun video for a fun song. Great effects, let's not over analyse. Now we have this really clever video for Stuck, playing right into the American markets showing a football game. It's fabulous. I really think they are trying hard here. Some of their past videos have been really thrown together, and boring. But the videos that have spawned off from ATYCLB have been something to watch. What do you all think?

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Hey Angel, how are things? It?s good to see you around again. I miss my friend Rosa.
frown.gif

On the topic, I rather go with the first version of the video for Stuck. I?m not from US, I don?t understand and don?t like that american football stuff. I know they are addressing the young people with the new one, but the first one is much more meaningful IMO.
As for Beautiful Day, I always liked it, it?s perfect. And Elevation is cool, especially Edge?s funny faces
smile.gif

Now Walk On. I like the first version, the one shot in London, I agree it?s a fine job, but for obvious reasons I?ll go with the second version shot in Rio, really beautiful and it means a lot for us here. Btw, if you still haven?t got it, here is the link to download it, choose the 10,5 Mb version
wink.gif

http://www.u2town.net/english/zootv/index.shtml
I would appreciate your insights on this one, if you feel like share it, okay?
smile.gif

------------------
Please sign our petition to bring U2 to Latin America, we deserve to be into the heart:
http://www.petitiononline.com/elevate/petition.html

Wow, thx for the link follower. That video gave me chills... it was really good. Ahhh, I must say though that I prefer the London one better, sorry.
wink.gif

Btw- I miss Rosa too!

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Originally posted by follower:
On the topic, I rather go with the first version of the video for Stuck. I?m not from US, I don?t understand and don?t like that american football stuff.

Sorry Follower, but your reply kinda bugged me. It almost sounds like you are saying that if you aren't familiar with something, that you immediately don't like it and don't want to like it. And I'm SURE this isn't what you meant, right?

I don't see why your lack of knowledge of American football would hurt your view of this video anyway. It's fairly obvious what is happening - the person needs to kick a (field) goal to win the game. He doesn't, his team loses and he relives the memory over and over (hence, "stuck in a moment"). But eventually, his life does go on. If it makes it any easier for you, pretend that the player is in a soccer ("real" football) or hockey shootout. If the player scores a goal, he wins the game for his team.

As for "Walk On" - sorry, but the first version is MUCH better. The Rio version did absolutely nothing for me and I can see why U2 shelved it. It's boring - almost like looking at a visual postcard for Rio. That's great if I want to see a travel advertisement, but not if I'm interested in watching a U2 video.

angel, you?re welcome.

doctorwho,

First, you don?t need to say sorry and I didn?t mean to bug you, not anybody here, I was just being sincere. Maybe the problem is that I don ?t like sports of any kind, they do nothing for me, and btw, despite being Brazilian, I don't like soccer or "real" football, as you said (but it seems that U2 does
wink.gif
). I only stated that the first video of Stuck was much more meaningful to me, which is not such a bad thing, don't you think? And I also said the second one is aimed to young people, which you can?t deny it really is. And you know what? In so many years as a fan of U2, this is indeed one of the first video of theirs I didn?t like it.

As for Walk On, maybe you could read what I wrote more carefully, I didn?t say that it was better than the London one, which I agreed is really good. What I did said it is that the Rio one means a lot for us, I think that it explains why I?m biased about it. If you didn?t like it, fine, you can choose, I can choose, everybody should be entitled to his/her opinion, it?s just a matter of taste anyway. And maybe, in my case, some feelings involved, something I won?t ask you to understand.

------------------
Please sign our petition to bring U2 to Latin America, we deserve to be into the heart:
http://www.petitiononline.com/elevate/petition.html

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 09-11-2001).]

Hi guys!

I need to say I love the ATYCLB videos... specially Walk On video in Rio, it gave me chills!!!! Don't even ask me why...
wink.gif

Anyway I haven't seen the new Stuck video!!! What a shame... as soon as I watch it I'll let you guys know.

Hi follower! Hi Angel! Love you girls! Miss you lots!!! Do I need to tell you that?
Anyway... dear Teresa, I'll write you as soon as I can!

Kisses,
Rosa

---> I miss posting here too! I have no time at all! Damn these internet cafes in Dublin... all my money going down the drain... LOL having some fun online too!

Angel and Desert...

Even though my holidays aren't over yet...since the three of us departed I feel like they are and post-holiday blues have set in!!

no!!!!!

I need a break guys.....where are we meeting this time 'round?
wink.gif
Galway again?

Jon
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom