U2 and TIVO - aka: what to record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:
'Kay, I have a question about something...there was talk earlier in this thread of the Band Aid documentary being on Bravo...and I'm checking all the TV listing things I can and there's no mention of it anywhere. Is it still going to be on Bravo?

Angela

I set my recorder for Bravo for 6:30 AM this morning... and no Band Aid special. Anyone else get it at all?

goat

Neither the Band Aid program or the CNN People in the News program ever materialized. Makes me wonder how these were listed in the first place or why they were pulled.
Maybe they'll be on at a later date. :shrug:
I hate when this happens. :madspit:

Edited for correction: The CNN People... program is still showing for the 19th at 7:30pm (ET) 6:30 (Central)

Last edited:
Yeah, the CNN thing was shelved. Before, the description said the special would be about "Bono and U2" ... however, they decided to talk about LL Cool J and Shania Twain instead. Whhhhhhy? :sad:

In the UK tonight.......

Channel 4

"The Band Aid Story" 9.00-10.35 PM

Documentary offering an insight into the 1984 fund-raising event, organised by Midge Ure and Bob Geldof, who were inspired to compose the single Do They Know It's Christmas? by a BBC news report on famine conditions in Ethiopia.

I think this is a new progam going by the length :)

I can record it but only from a portable analogue TV aerial! :yuck: My parents have cable downstairs but there's no way I can hook it up to my pc upstairs :(

Right now the picture looks quite good but the sound is a bit iffy at times. Hopefully someone else can get this. UKTan? Anyone? :help:

Alan

Bono talking about his contribution in 1984....

Band_Aid _Story_19-12-2004_ DVD.jpg

There was a good 5-10 mins of Bono from the original recording session. He looked and sounded incredibly nervous! :ohmy: :D

I'm still recording...

:)

Rock On TV is showing U2 as the musical guest again on Saturday Night Live on Jan. 8th. :cool: repeat of course, but, Just in case you missed it the first time. I'm recording it this time. :yes:
If it actually shows. Went to tv guide to see if it is listed, but it only goes up to the 6th of Jan. Of course we know how things change, so I'm not responsible for the validity of this listing blah, blah blah. I'll check tv guide in a few days and see. :up:

sue4u2 said:
Rock On TV is showing U2 as the musical guest again on Saturday Night Live on Jan. 8th. :cool: repeat of course, but, Just in case you missed it the first time.

I did miss that one the last time it aired, 'cause we didn't have our Internet hooked up in our new home yet and I didn't know it was going to be on. So I'm psyched to see that they're reairing it (haha, my mom brought home blank tapes so I could have one ready for it...and it's not gonna be on for another week :p). I can't wait to see it.

Angela

The tv guide website has it listed now and it IS showing U2 on next Sat., the 8th. :dance:
The SNL show that's on tonight, with Modest Mouse, preceded the U2 show. So I think it's for real. :applaud:
I'm watching SNL while listening to the radio to see if they show what's coming on next week. Just for one more comfirmation. :wink: I've been burned once too often by erroneous listings. :eyebrow:

Moonlit_Angel said:

LOL, oh, yeah?

Are U2 in any of the skits on the show?

Angela

No, lucky for them they weren't roped into appearing in any of the awful skits.

For those who didn't see it before and didn't read the reports of those who did - make sure to watch/record the ENTIRE show. U2 plays a third song (I Will Follow) over the closing credits.

Zootomic said:
No, lucky for them they weren't roped into appearing in any of the awful skits.

Ah, okay.

Heh, boy, now I'm curious about these skits...they were that awful?

Originally posted by Zootomic
For those who didn't see it before and didn't read the reports of those who did - make sure to watch/record the ENTIRE show. U2 plays a third song (I Will Follow) over the closing credits.

I missed all of the show except for that last performance...was flipping through the channels and came across it just as that performance was starting (and that's when I got all mad about missing the rest of the show).

Angela

@U2.com has been reporting U2 would be premiering their new video ALL BECAUSE OF YOU during the Orang Bowl halftime show.
:cool: tomorrow Jan 4th.
I found this on ESPN sports: :hyper:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sbc/index

It doesn't indicate if the entire video is going to be shown, but I think at least part of it is and the full video will be online at this ESPN site tomorrow. :hyper:

Has anyone heard anything about U2 appearing at the People's Choice Awards this Sunday?

A friend has a friend that is working on the show and hinted there might be some U2 (I am guessing taped from HQ or something like that, I really doubt there would be an actual appearance)...

http://www.pcavote.com/nominees_mu.shtml

Will have to Tivo it just in case

E!TV channel is showing a repeat of the 2001 SNL show with U2.:love:
Val Kilmer was the host. Didn't get to record U2 back then. Most definitely will this time.
:cool:
Tuesday - 25th - 12 Noon (ET)
Wednesday - 26th - 12 Midnight (ET)
(according to Rock on TV)

Jammed

U2 are on MTV UK: Jammed tonight.

7:30pm, MTV UK.

Sorry I didn't post it sooner, just flicked on MTV and was informed. So :wink:

Back
Top Bottom