U2 & the Pacino/DeNiro movie Heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Being a huge Al Pacino fan, as well as a pretty big Bobby DeNiro fan as well, the Michael Mann flick Heat ranks among my favorite movies of all time. Part of the greatness of it was the sound editing, using music in spurts, not throughout the entire flick like many movies do, and using "atmospheric" type of songs when they do use music... very beautiful. I always thought the vibe of the music was very mid 90's U2ish, and I knew that the Passengers song "Always Forever Now" was in the movie. After watching it today, being bored enough on my day off to watch a 3+ hour movie, I actually let the credits scroll to the end of the movie and I found out I was quite right in my "U2ish" evaluation. While Always Forever Now was the only one in which the boys were actually directly involved on, there were 7 other U2-related songs... i.e. done by Brian Eno or William Orbit. Not really a huge news event, but it's a great movie, and with all these U2-esque songs in here, if ya haven't seen it, go stop by your local Blockbuster and give it a try... if ya have 3 1/2 hours to kill that is.

-Always Forever Now... Passengers (U2 & Eno)
-Late Evening In Jersey... Brian Eno
-Force Marker... Brian Eno
-The Monkey King... William Orbit
-The Last Lagoon... William Orbit
-Gringatcho Demento... William Orbit
-The Mighty Limpopo... William Orbit
-Arabic Agony... co-written by Brian Eno

Back
Top Bottom