U2 and Sports...More on the Mystery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
"When I Look at the World" heard during wrap-up on men's slalom!
smile.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

"Desire" heard after end of men's figure skating finals.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
"Desire" heard after end of men's figure skating finals.

Wasn't that a cover version? It didn't sound like U2 to me. Anyone else notice this?

I also heard Beautiful Day while they were talking about a ski event.

It sounded a bit like Zoocoustic live from Mexico City, so I'm pretty sure it was them. Though I doubt it was that exact version.

------------------

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Wasn't that a cover version? It didn't sound like U2 to me. Anyone else notice this?

I also heard Beautiful Day while they were talking about a ski event.

Yeah, I noticed. It sounded "different"...but it was short enough I couldn't figure it out. lol.

Last night I heard in a short span...
-Elevation
-Desire
-BD
-WILATW

biggrin.gif

I've also heard Pride;

Even Better Than the Real Thing and Trying to Throw your Arms around the World were played this morning during a profile of the Russian skater Irina something-something.

Looks like NBC will eventually exhaust the U2 catalog
eek.gif

One more to go for the big 1-000!!!!!!

For whatever it's worth,

There's no mystery, this has been the case for years. No rock band has more fans than U2. It's not even all that close. So it stands to reason that there would be a fair number of those fans in audio/video production. Hell, even when U2 was getting slagged for POP and PopMart "Do You Feel Loved" and "Mofo" were getting pretty heavy airplay on NBC before NBA telecasts (the former in particular). It's cool, but no mystery.

Back
Top Bottom