U2 and R.E.M.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dismantleme

The Fly
Does anyone here believe that a major concert with R.E.M. and U2 would be awesome? I thought about this the other day. Think about it, R.E.M. can go on first for an hour and forty minutes and then U2 after that for the same amount of time and they can both share guest vocals and guitar in each others sets. I think it would rock!!! What do you guys think?

;)

I love R.E.M. and U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: The two bands that mean everything to me musically! :heart: If there ever will be a concert with both bands, that would probably make me pass out for a while! :wink:

Oh how I love them! :angel:

Mind you I was at Live 8 and both bands were there, but I missed U2 cos of the massive queue! :mad: :banghead: Oh well! :rolleyes:

Would be great, but it kinda reeks of those packaged summer tours in the U.S. to maximize attendance. Motley Crue and Aerosmith or whatever.

Speaking of REM. They are making me sad due to their lack of goodness for nearly a decade. Talk about a career nosedive.

^^ Thank You so much Perry!!!! :bow:

Seeing U2 and R.E.M. together, especially Bono and Michael Stipe makes me EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! :D :drool:

REM and U2 in the same concert? Well, poke me with a fork and call me Betty! That would just be heaven to me.

I would do anything to see that show, anything.

Even more than I would do for a Klondike Bar.

ahittle said:
Would be great, but it kinda reeks of those packaged summer tours in the U.S. to maximize attendance. Motley Crue and Aerosmith or whatever.

Speaking of REM. They are making me sad due to their lack of goodness for nearly a decade. Talk about a career nosedive.
nonsense. Reveal is a great album, just not as great as Automatic. Bad Day, Animal and I'm gonna DJ kicks ass.

Nisse said:

nonsense. Reveal is a great album, just not as great as Automatic. Bad Day, Animal and I'm gonna DJ kicks ass.

I like about half of Reveal. Those songs you mentioned are all terrific (Bad Day was written about twenty years ago) - too bad none of them appeared on that last clunker, Around the Sun.

I love REM nearly as much as U2, but they really need a career injection. They need a "dream it all up again" moment.

They need Bill Berry back, the sooner the better, and he has done more frequent apperances :bonodrum:

Well, in two weeks, we get to see REM inducted into the RRHOF and Bill will be there. As a matter of fact, if REM ever tours again, I think Bill will be back behind the drum kit.

MrPryck2U said:
Well, in two weeks, we get to see REM inducted into the RRHOF and Bill will be there. As a matter of fact, if REM ever tours again, I think Bill will be back behind the drum kit.

Really? Have you heard this anywhere? That would be great. I always considered Bill the Larry of the group - the bullshit detector.

U2Man said:
as long as stipe didnt try to sing one, i would be all for it.

Why not? He sings it really well I think. Thanks perrypickwick for posting those links! Man, it was a pleasant surprise to know that Stipe is a huge fan of Beautiful Day... and see him dancing and enjoying himself like that. :lol: Stipe is awesome, he comes off so friendly and likeable. There's no egotistical aura about him.

Damn, U2 and REM two of my all-time fav bands in 1 show??? I'd die and go to heaven later that night.

no. he does not sing one well. if anything, his performance only shows that not everyone can sing one.

Back
Top Bottom