U2 and "our" family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrobatic

War Child
(Moderators, please feel free to move this, as you can see, I'm a little new by postings but I need to learn my way around I-)

I was watching Hard Rock Live tonight and Maroon 5 was on. This band is good but I never really thought I liked them until I heard them live. I knew every song they played and with the sound board to their credit or just their sound (or House of Blues) they were awesome.

But it got me thinking how I feel about U2 and how I love their music b\c I can relate and from that relation and my understanding of them, I feel like I know them, like family. I mean, I feel that if I ever accidentally bumped into one of them, I could carry a pretty good conversation like we've been buds forever.

Then there's the fans. . .knowing all of you, through here or through encounters at shows, you're all like family too. The U2 fan is unique and share's a strong bond with the band as they do amongst themselves. This I find beautiful and am honoured to be among you all.

Acro-b!

So true...so true..i have always felt a bond with U2 and there music and its a bond i don't feel with any other band...or singer,sure i like other music, but its just not the same feeling i get when i listen to U2...i mean on the crappiest of days i can put on a U2 song or see Bono and suddenly i get this smile on my face this big goofy grin...lol no other band can do that..its great i love it.
And i know U2 fans on this board probably feel the same way.
:dance:

U2 is a damn interesting band folks. I fell into them when I was 17, bought my first cassette (UABRS) on the day one of my best friends broke his neck and was paralyzed. I remember listening to UABRS and even though I was going through a tough time trying to deal with his accident and my own mortality, hearing "40" was very soothing and comforting. Fell in love with them right there.

Going to my first U2 show was awesome, March 5, 1985 a week before my 19th birthday. I will never forget the feeling I got when the band walked on stage and Bono started 11 O'clock Tick Tock. Your first show will always overshadow the others that follow, because they are so powerful and Bono is so charismatic that the experience is etched into your conscience, never to be forgotten.

That said I love this board. My family think I'm crazy 'cos I'm sharing things with people across the country, across the world, sometimes half my age or younger!! But you know it's a family who mostly share the same feelings and love I do for this band. This band has trancended all boundaries for what a Rock/Pop band can be. They are the Beatles for all of us, and we the fans are the best in the world.

Back
Top Bottom