u2 and itunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very truee cobl4, i just felt like buying something off itunes but the joshua tree double disc remaster was 70 bucks!!! no joke... and thats just ridiculous its 32 bucks on itunes

i also have another question which is a bit random

on the joshua tree remaster, is where the streets have no name like the origianal? because i really prefer the longer mystical intro and the backing vocal

the single is on disc two, which is shorter indeed but WITH backing vocals... the edit from the best of 1980-90 is not on it :)

They removed the complete u2 a couple of months ago :(

Does anybody know why the B-Sides from 1990-2000 were removed?

They removed the complete u2 a couple of months ago :(

Does anybody know why the B-Sides from 1990-2000 were removed?

Probably because they were considered a limited release or it could also be because of the eventual remasters being released. They announced that the entire catalogue would be remastered and since they did 3 albums at once this time they may be continuing with that plan and since they haven't said yet when the next ones will come out we don't have an idea what their time frame is like. That being said U2 has been pretty consistant in their ability to pull most of their back catalog into the charts when they tour so if I were a savy marketing person I'd want to have those remasters coming out before and during the tour to take advantage of new people picking up the catalog and also as extra incentive to those who might be leaning in that direction. Even with the new album dropping in October I could see the possibility of the next group of 3 remasters coming out before Christmas and then 3 more in say February or March since the tour will likely start in March or April.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom